Raconteurs @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA Nov. 13th 2011

Rac-on-tours
trickster
Greek Mod

Raconteurs @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA Nov. 13th 2011

Post by trickster »

The Raconteurs have added a show at Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia on November 13th, their final show of 2011. A limited number of pre-sale tickets will be available to members of The Vault starting on Wednesday, August 24th at 1 pm EST (sign up below). General public tix go on sale Friday, August 26th at noon EST. Link coming soon!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Raconteuers @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA Nov. 13th 2011

Post by rsimms3 »

November? Hmmmm....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Sweet! I wish you could buy more than two tickets from the pre-sale. I need three most times.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Has anyone here ever been to the Tabernacle?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I've been, very cool place, great sound/accoustics, small. One of my favorite places to see a show.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

The Tabernacle hosted the Racs last show in 2008. We went there directly from their show at the Ryman. Fantastic venue, dodgy area. If memory serves, Brendan rode a tricycle onto center stage through a smoke cloud of pot (at least that's what it smelled like.) That show was killer. But in my mind they all were.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yippie-ki-yay, then.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

101 year old venue. 2500 seats.
Usually general admission on the floor, Sec. A
Then there are three balconies, I think.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Been there many times since I'm from Atlanta. I think there are only 2 balconies. I've only ever had general admission tickets and I love it down there. Went in '08 for the Racs one night and the Black Keys the next night. Fantastic venue. If these tickets are any less than the ones at the Ryman I'm definitely making the drive down.

*got early entrance for this as well. Got in line about 6 hours early and got the email shortly after that so I ended up walking around town. (confused with '09 DW show) I wouldn't call it a shady area, at least not compared to many parts of Atlanta. About a block away is Centennial Park which was built for the '96 Olympics and is a nice place to go and walk around. Also near the park is the CNN center where you can go on a tour and see how things get done, the Atlanta Aquarium (largest in the world, it's amazing) and also the World of Coke that reopened a couple years ago, that's fun too, especially sampling sodas from all around the world.
Last edited by orangeshoeskid on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Tabernacle is one of my favorite places. It's loud, vintage and cool as hell.
Orange shoes, the last jack show we stood 5 feet from each other there but didn't know each other. This time we rockin it together.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

orangeshoeskid wrote:*got early entrance for this as well. Got in line about 6 hours early and got the email shortly after that so I ended up walking around town.
How much line was there six hours ahead of the show? I need to know what arrival time to book my flight for.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kali Durga wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:*got early entrance for this as well. Got in line about 6 hours early and got the email shortly after that so I ended up walking around town.
How much line was there six hours ahead of the show? I need to know what arrival time to book my flight for.
I got there at noon to stand in line for a 7pm show. But then I won early entry so I left and toured Hotlanta some. Got back around 4pm and there were 30 people or so in line.
Grim
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Grimtale wrote:Tabernacle is one of my favorite places. It's loud, vintage and cool as hell.
Orange shoes, the last jack show we stood 5 feet from each other there but didn't know each other. This time we rockin it together.
Grim
You were there? I can't remember if I was on the rail or not but I know I was on LJ's side of the stage. I got a pick off the floor that he threw out but later lost it in IKEA. :(
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this show. Crossing my fingers for slightly cheaper tickets than the Ryman.

* I think it was 6 hours but now that I'm thinking it was 11am cause I had nothing to do that day. I don't know. Just get there early.
Last edited by orangeshoeskid on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I was talking about the 2009 DW show
Grim
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

Grimtale wrote:I was talking about the 2009 DW show
Grim
i was at that show on LJ's side about 2 people back from the stage with magicskipper and her husband. awesome show.
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began