Raconteurs at the Ryman in Nashville, September 15 2011

Rac-on-tours
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: Raconteurs at the Ryman in Nashville, September 15 2011

Post by 3quid »

harvestgirl wrote:i get most of mine framed at michael's lol ~ you can get an awesome deal when they have 60% off.
I lol'd at this also. Michael's 60% off sale is a joke. For anyone that gets things frame frequently, the best thing to do is find a small local shop that has much less overhead.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Hey, did anyone figure out why they didn't allow poster tubes into the Ryman? The security guy said it was per the band's request but I can't for the life of me figure out their reasoning. Any guesses?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Hey, did anyone figure out why they didn't allow poster tubes into the Ryman? The security guy said it was per the band's request but I can't for the life of me figure out their reasoning. Any guesses?
i cant imagine that jack and the gang would have a problem with it. i've never carried a tube with me, but this is the first time i can think of that they didn't allow them.
he is everything i hate...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

3quid wrote:
mangry wrote:
patchwork wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:
elduderino wrote:go ask those lugnuts on expressobeans about drymounting. i dare you.
I know I've seen them go off whenever it's mentioned and use it an an expletive. So I imagine it's not good.

drymounting is when they take your poster and lay it on a big piece of foamcore and stick it in a big ass heat press. its great if you have a $10 poster from a music store or something, but i definitely would not do it to a signed and numbered print. i worked in a frame shop for awhile and a bindery shop that both did drymounting. i do not recommend it at all unless you just dont care about the print
That's what I thought. Looks like archival tape is the way to go. I don't want the print to be permanently fused to something. Thanks all for the advice everybody! I'm not really a poster collector; I've just become more interested in getting screen prints at the shows that I attend.
I use these. I prefer them over archival tape because the tape will still sometimes pull some of the paper off if you ever need to remove the print.

I'll second this. These corners are the way to go if you want the print untouched. I've tried archival framing tape before and it gets the job done, but to remove it, you need to lightly wet the surface of the tape, it works pretty well, but is much more dangerous. Where these corners don't work is when you don't have much border on the print to frame out, but that's not very often the case.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

3quid wrote:
harvestgirl wrote:i get most of mine framed at michael's lol ~ you can get an awesome deal when they have 60% off.
I lol'd at this also. Michael's 60% off sale is a joke. For anyone that gets things frame frequently, the best thing to do is find a small local shop that has much less overhead.

when you spend as much as i do on the highest quality frames, matting, glass etc.... it totally helps. and when you live where i do, there are not many options. works for me :)
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

Thought this was a cool shot from the show!!! Light beaming of the guitars!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

blublood1013 wrote:Thought this was a cool shot from the show!!! Light beaming of the guitars!!!
Nice one! I've noticed that the official TMR pictures they post are often lackluster. You captured a moment that they did not!
Hyperbole used for effect!
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Hey, did anyone figure out why they didn't allow poster tubes into the Ryman? The security guy said it was per the band's request but I can't for the life of me figure out their reasoning. Any guesses?
maybe since it was being filmed, they didn't want to take the chance of tubes flying in the air? lol no idea, we had a tube at the last ryman show.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
BigRed
Little Bird

Post by BigRed »

How do you make attachment photos larger?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It depends on what you mean by "larger". Photos that are larger and are rescaled for size by the board have a little box in the upper left hand corner indicating you can click them to make them larger. If you mean natively within the limits of the filesize requirements for uploading them, take them into a good photo editor, resize to 640x480 and save in .JPG to a compression level that makes them smaller than 512kb. I resize with Photoshop and then attach.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

BigRed wrote:How do you make attachment photos larger?
Upload your picture to tinypic.com and you can choose the size you want.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

http://youtu.be/I2bVZU4E4Jc

I also posted this in the poster forum but wanted to make sure anyone else who might have attended this show or got the Hatch print gets to see it. The making of the Hatch print for the Raconteurs Ryman show 9/15/11.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Widget
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

ellisintransit wrote:http://youtu.be/I2bVZU4E4Jc

I also posted this in the poster forum but wanted to make sure anyone else who might have attended this show or got the Hatch print gets to see it. The making of the Hatch print for the Raconteurs Ryman show 9/15/11.
that was really cool - thanks for sharing.
he is everything i hate...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

3 year anniversary of a great weekend in Nashville.....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net