Raconteurs at the Ryman in Nashville, September 15 2011

Rac-on-tours
shteev
Little Ghost

Re: Raconteurs at the Ryman in Nashville, September 15 2011

Post by shteev »

waited for at least 45 minutes...then watched the line cutters take extra posters...waaaaaaahh for me
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Merch stand arrangement was a cluster fuck. So I passed had some great sushi drank a beer with soem vaulters swirlers and set in a prtially filled house for the 2 openers. Both of who were great... Saw several of the diehards who frequent here.
A good time had by all. :D
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

shaneoftheroad wrote:He threw his crotch in my face and I didn't even know his name. For shame.
welcome to numerous girls' Friday/Saturday nights
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Great time tonight still driving home though... I got poster #69! couldn't talk the wife into letting me buy the Jeff the Brotherhood drumhead with sketch an autographs.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

what an awesome show. my first time at the ryman and the acoustics were amazing
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

was definately a great show. boys were in great form. i missed pokey as i was one of the idiots who had to stand in merch line for 90 minutes to get prints. when i got mine, there were mabye a dozen left. shteev - seriously sorry you missed out on them. that does suck. and it was a clusterfuck of a line - 2 lines, 2 stairwells merging into one...

jefF tHE broTHERHood did rock out with their cocks out. i have to admit, i didn't think much of them prior to this show, but they were a lot of fun.

raconteurs played for an hour, then three encores. they rocked the shit out of the ryman. there were a lot of differences in the set between the two nights. Different songs last night that i can remember were; level, carolina drama, intimate secretary and you don't understand me. we had a lot of the crew around us - pug, ara, honestjohn... shane - i was a few rows behind your rock-crotch. didn't know that was you, lolz.
he is everything i hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

A standout moment for me was at the end of "Carolina Drama" when he sang the last line without a microphone. He actually hushed the Ryman and belted that last line with no amplification. He might do that every time for all I know but wow. Wow.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Eddie Vedder tried that on a duet with Glen Hansard....didn't work so well because stupid people just can't help but get themselves noticed when an artist is trying to do something cool.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

shaneoftheroad wrote:A standout moment for me was at the end of "Carolina Drama" when he sang the last line without a microphone. He actually hushed the Ryman and belted that last line with no amplification. He might do that every time for all I know but wow. Wow.
From what I remember I think he did that most shows during the 2008 tour.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Show was insane...this was the first time I have heard Jack's full fury in concert. The Wanda shows were not quite the same. Just seeing his copper-top Gretsch in person is cool enough, let alone him shredding on it. Keeler was insane too!

Any tips on poster storage/framing? Gotta wait a bit to frame my print 'til I get paid (a week or so.) Right now it is stored in a tube 'cuz it is too big to fit in my big flat drawer.
Hyperbole used for effect!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

mangry wrote:Show was insane...this was the first time I have heard Jack's full fury in concert. The Wanda shows were not quite the same. Just seeing his copper-top Gretsch in person is cool enough, let alone him shredding on it. Keeler was insane too!

Any tips on poster storage/framing? Gotta wait a bit to frame my print 'til I get paid (a week or so.) Right now it is stored in a tube 'cuz it is too big to fit in my big flat drawer.
Store it flat preferably. Try and flatten it out before you frame it. Use acid-free materials and the best quality you can afford probably. I usually just buy a cheap wooden frame from hobby lobby or michaels on sale and then cut my own mat boards and frame them. Starting to learn how to build my own frames so I can finally hang up all the odd sizes ones I have.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

mangry wrote:Show was insane...this was the first time I have heard Jack's full fury in concert. The Wanda shows were not quite the same. Just seeing his copper-top Gretsch in person is cool enough, let alone him shredding on it. Keeler was insane too!

I use Americanframes.com for all my prints very reasonably priced.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Moller72 wrote:

That too.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

That too.
I would build my own but how do you get mats big enough for the huge prints.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Moller72 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

That too.
I would build my own but how do you get mats big enough for the huge prints.
I haven't gotten that far to need those yet. The largest I've done is a 20x26 poster. I've got a handful of huge ones and my mat cutter only does up to 32" so I will probably just go and get a mat cut professionally. I think to cut a mat is $10-20.