Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17, 2011

Rac-on-tours
mojoryan
Little People

Re: Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17,

Post by mojoryan »

JoseyWales wrote:Had a great time, It was really nice seeing everyone!
Hell yes it was, brother.
G and I were there together, and I also saw Josey (obviously), Bobby, , Rob, Adam and Scott; Who else was there?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dylnfan wrote:You clearly have no taste in breakfast fare. ;-)
Sheeeeee-it, man, my favorite breakfast is steak'n'eggs at Waffle House, washed down with a sweet iced tea. Don't tell me I don't know what's good.

Woody was the only Swirler I found. Probably should've walked up and down the RRS line shouting out screen names. Next time...

Holy hell, Sheryl Crow has the most obnoxious fans I've ever encountered. And she herself would've caused my ears to bleed if she'd played one more song. Thank goodness the Racs made up for it. Helluva show, highlights being Jack dancing in a circle during Broken Boy Soldier and that one note he held at the end of Blue Veins.

Very cool photos, dylnfan. Thank you for posting them, they'll come in handy as my memory begins to fade (which happens all to quickly these days).
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Kali Durga wrote:
dylnfan wrote:You clearly have no taste in breakfast fare. ;-)
Sheeeeee-it, man, my favorite breakfast is steak'n'eggs at Waffle House, washed down with a sweet iced tea. Don't tell me I don't know what's good.
No offense, but gross. :) Steak for breakfast seems wrong. But then again I saw some old, ugly Mexican lady eating a t-bone steak at waffle house once. It was down to the bone and she was sucking the last bits of meat off seductively while eyeing up the guy sitting across from her. That ruined me on the thought of steak at waffle house or with breakfast at all.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Yes we need some means to say hey or a secret habdshake or something at shows ...Maybe the secret swirler lapel pin or something. Saw many I knew but as you all have stated many of you I could not pull out of a line up. As for me I am the tall dorky looking Guy. Maybe next time we can figure out who is who. :D
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

texascyclone wrote:Yes we need some means to say hey or a secret habdshake or something at shows ...Maybe the secret swirler lapel pin or something. Saw many I knew but as you all have stated many of you I could not pull out of a line up. As for me I am the tall dorky looking Guy. Maybe next time we can figure out who is who. :D
Please see Rsimms for your packet of WS buttons...a mere $5 donation (which goes to the site) and he'll hook you up w/some fine Swirler swag. 8-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I enjoyed the day a lot, had an outrageously wonderful time when the Racs were onstage--and we got a good spot down front, but had to endure Sheryl Crow and her brain-dead fans to get it--and am full of good cheer at the thought of an RJ Tabernacle print. :) Many many thanks to those who posted pics and vids.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

WHat about some pointers on loading pics and videos here
My pics are always too big and video Pooof WTF
any insight would be great and maybe benificial and entertaining 8-)
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

texascyclone wrote:WHat about some pointers on loading pics and videos here
I use Paint to downsize my pics. Hadn't fooled with any video yet.
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Pujol
Pujol played after the Black Belles. I sort of missed the beginning as we were getting our free drink on! Watched the rest of his set off to the side and shot a couple pics and a video. Nice to hear him with a drummer and a bass player, at the Vault party he only had a keyboard player (the bassist in the pictures). I'd still like to see him with more players. For the TMR Live record, how many players were there? I get the sense from the audio it was him, a bass player, drummer, and a second guitarist. Great set overall, can't get enough of Black Rabbit.

Jack White
Jack et al were hanging out to the left/rear of the Grandee stage as Black Milk's backing band was setting up/soundchecking. I just happened to catch this shot which looks like Jack is playing air guitar. I have more pics, but I don't want folks to know just how much of a stalker I really am.... :D

Black Milk
I had a hard time getting good pics of Black Milk from where I was at and he was always moving so a lot of them turned out blurry. This one is half and half. He put on a good set, I expected to the bass to be a little more thumpy. He was good. I'm not much of a rap listener, but it was entertaining to see a bunch of hipsters putting their hands in the air awkwardly pumping their fists to the beat. This was the only TMR band that Jack attended the full show for, bobbing his head the whole time. If he was at Pujol or JEFF, it wasn't for long at all.

JEFF the Brotherhood
Good lord this guys melted my face! I'd never seen them, I just remember strange stories of them playing gay night clubs at SXSW or something.... Three strings. Just three strings to create that crazy sound he has.... Move over PUSA with your 4 string guitars, there's a new king of simplified rock out there! The backing band for Black Milk were in awe of these guys and more than once I caught them talking to each other about how amazing their sound was during their set. It was so unfortunate there weren't more people to hear their music. Three of the four Black Belles were out front rocking as well. The fourth picture down is my favorite and probably best for the day.

The Raconteurs
No pics, no video. I was busy with other things and can't multi-task that well so I left the camera in the car. I won't rehash all the other summaries that have been presented but I will note a few things that I noticed that made me take notice. First was the amount of fun Jack and Brenden appeared to be having. They were chatty with each other throughout the night and at one point had a mini guitar battle back and forth. I don't recall the song right off, but will find it later. Second was Jack getting the audience involved. I've heard several White Stripes shows and been to several Dead Weather shows and I've never seen/heard him get the audience involved. Granted, I've never been to a Raconteurs show either so he may do this with them. On Steady As She Goes he asked the band to sing "Are you steady now?" after he sang "Steady as she goes" toward the end. It was quite awesome! Third, the circle dancing during BBS. He was almost skipping in a circle around the stage playing the hell out his acoustic with the broken string. Last was the new Triple Jet. Someone had mentioned to be a little while ago about Jack getting a new guitar and he was using it last night. It looks just like the copper Triple only it's made out of African bloodwood. It's another Randy Parsons guitar who built the other Triple Jets for Jack. Information on it here: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... spx?Page=2
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

texascyclone wrote:WHat about some pointers on loading pics and videos here
I use imageshack
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
bobman360
Little Bird

Post by bobman360 »

So no new songs?
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Thanks greg trying it now :)
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

bobman360 wrote:So no new songs?
nope. Just a kickass set that melted my face off.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

bobman360 wrote:So no new songs?
Nope and I'll refer to, I believe it's harvestgirl's conversation with PK, there haven't been any new songs written. Unless they whip out a cover, no new songs will be heard during this touring jaunt.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom