Re: Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17,

Post by texascyclone »

test :twisted:
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Here are my better shots of the Racs.

I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Pujol
... the circle dancing during BBS. He was almost skipping in a circle around the stage playing the hell out his acoustic with the broken string. Last was the new Triple Jet. Someone had mentioned to be a little while ago about Jack getting a new guitar and he was using it last night. It looks just like the copper Triple only it's made out of African bloodwood. It's another Randy Parsons guitar who built the other Triple Jets for Jack. Information on it here: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... spx?Page=2
That circle dance is stuck in my head, especially now that I've found video of it-- http://youtu.be/2B1F3ReejwA

I wondered if Jack's second electric was the Red Vampire, thanks for confirming that. I missed seeing the Green Machine, but the Copper-Top is so beautiful. One of my favorites of his guitars.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

WOW thanks again to greg.
:lol: :D

texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

8-)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Bless you folks who took photos. I love y'all :D
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Those are some nice pictures everyone.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I love that last group shot in particular--nice work, y'all.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:... y'all.
That sounds so weird coming from a Brit ;)
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

ugh. pk just isn't looking so hot. bit worried about him.

great pics!!
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
Whitestripesman
Little Bird

Post by Whitestripesman »

Well ok here we go. I ended up getting a backstage pass for the fest yesterday. I mostly talked to Brendan, Lil Jack, and some of the Black Belles girls most of the day but I did speak some words to Karen, Jack, and Lalo as well. Jack was in a little "hey yeah cool whatever cya" mood so I backed off but it was nice all the same.

Ben Swank was a real nice and funny guy too and we hung out during the Romantics set (my friend Brad Elvis is the drummer for the Romantics, hence how I got the pass). All of the above people sat and watched the entire Black Milk set as well as Black Belles, and some of JEFF the Brotherhood. It got to the point where I would run into Brendan and Jack TOO much back stage so it got a little embarrassing, but me and Brendan laughed it off. Jack just haunted past every time with Lalo very close by. The drummer from the Black Belles and I had a little conversation about Vintage Drums, a love for both of us, that was real cool! Very laid back festival and not that many people there at all but the weather made up for it. I got to stand in the pit in front of the barrier for most of the Raconteurs set and it was so nice to see Jack's family so up close, and all wives of each band member. Anyways, here are some pictures I scrambled to take.

oh! I also got to meet Jim McCarty (Cactus, Detroit Wheels, The Rockets), Mitch Ryder, Jeff Daniels (ha), and a bunch of other guys as well. Brad really hooked me up this time and his playing with the Romantics is quiet the site to see. Me and Swank had our jaws to the floor.
Whitestripesman
Little Bird

black belles finishing up

Mitch Ryder signing for Brad Elvis

Jeff Daniels
Back of PK's kit

Jim Mccarty

stood in the photo pit for the Racs

ME
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Sweet photos! Did you ask Jeff Daniels what the most annoying sound in the world is?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Whitestripesman
Little Bird

HA no but I did do this. This man walked up to him and asked him what his name was. Jeff replied, "I'm fucking Jeff Bridges......." and walked away. He was not trying to be funny and it was kind of a weird moment. After that I just said out loud, "Radio, who needs the radio?"
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Whitestripesman wrote:HA no but I did do this. This man walked up to him and asked him what his name was. Jeff replied, "I'm fucking Jeff Bridges......." and walked away. He was not trying to be funny and it was kind of a weird moment. After that I just said out loud, "Radio, who needs the radio?"
I'm mostly a LQTM kind of guy, but that made me LOL.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim