Fall tour?

Rac-on-tours
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Fall tour?

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Pray that they play Blue Veins which holds the honor of being the Raconteurs worst song recorded yet best song live.
WHAT??!! How can you say that about my Jack White Epiphany Song? The album version of that song was my "Aha!" moment, the one that finally made me realize I had to get into his music. "Racs worst recorded song..." Sheesh :o

But, yeah, it does seem to become something else entirely when they do it live. I can't imagine it not being in the set. It's like the Racs' version of Death Letter, it's a staple.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Kali Durga wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Pray that they play Blue Veins which holds the honor of being the Raconteurs worst song recorded yet best song live.
WHAT??!! How can you say that about my Jack White Epiphany Song? The album version of that song was my "Aha!" moment, the one that finally made me realize I had to get into his music. "Racs worst recorded song..." Sheesh :o

But, yeah, it does seem to become something else entirely when they do it live. I can't imagine it not being in the set. It's like the Racs' version of Death Letter, it's a staple.
LOL. There's no accounting for (my) taste. The backmasking (I think its called) drives me nuts, seems lazy, and is a waste of time in a song (again, IMO). Now substitute that with a searing guitar solo and I'm there. Little known fact: I wrote some poetry about the live version of Blue Veins for a local radio station a couple of years ago and won us a trip to see them at the Ryman.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:he backmasking (I think its called) drives me nuts, seems lazy, and is a waste of time in a song (again, IMO). Now substitute that with a searing guitar solo and I'm there.
I get that. I personally like the effects in the song, but can understand why others might not because it isn't what we typically want from Jack, is it? It was the lyrics and voice that really did it for me, though. The man might not think of himself as much of a singer, but on that one... Hoooooooie. Very cool about the contest, too. Have you ever posted the poem anywhere?

So, anymore rumors about this fall tour?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Kali Durga wrote: Have you ever posted the poem anywhere?
No, it wasn't very good!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

The Raconteurs

15 September at 19:30 at Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN

Tickets go on sale Friday, August 5, 2011 • $42.50 and $39.50 plus applicable service fees

When The Raconteurs ...announced news of their debut album in early 2006 they described themselves as “a new band made up of old friends.” The four members, Brendan Benson, Patrick Keeler, Jack “LJ” Lawrence and Jack White, were all established in their own right; Brendan as a solo artist, Patrick & LJ as the rhythm section of The Greenhornes and Jack as one half of The White Stripes. Released in May 2006 Broken Boy Soldiers was a critical and commercial success. The album’s first single “Steady, As She Goes” became a monster radio hit. The album charted at No. 7 in the Billboard Charts and No. 2 in the UK’s Album Charts. It was the record’s mix of warm harmonies with explosive guitars and layers of sometimes psychedelic rock with catchy sing-song choruses & witty rhymes which made it such an infectious and unique success. The group's second album Consolers Of The Lonely was released in 2008 to rave reviews and was nominated for Best Rock Album and won Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical at the 51st Grammy Awards. The album ranked No. 44 on Rolling Stone's year-end critic's list and No. 35 on Spin Magazine's year-end Top 40 albums. You won't want to miss this epic show at the Ryman Auditorium.

http://concertwire.com/event/575051/the-raconteurs/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Holy hell, when are they going to stop teasing and just let us know about a full tour?
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

From @TheRyman: Concert Announcement: The Raconteurs at the Ryman Sept. 15! Tickets on sale Aug. 5 at NOON. bit.ly/puppFO
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

From the Racs Facebook page:
The Raconteurs have added a headline show in their hometown of Nashville, TN at the historic Ryman Auditorium on September 15th.

Pre-sale tickets will be available exclusively to Vault members starting at noon CST on Wednesday, August 3rd (2 ticket limit). Join the Vault at http://thirdmanrecords.com/vau​ltpage2.html.

General public ticket sales begin Friday, August 5th at noon CST at www.ryman.com.
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

I'll be on the road that day. Hope I can get them on my phone! (the pre-sale tickets, that is)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

WAHOOOOO!!!!!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Wow!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
doingtheastro
Little Bird

Post by doingtheastro »

Kali Durga wrote:Holy hell, when are they going to stop teasing and just let us know about a full tour?
move away from the singles Jack, get on with your own business.
I don't pretend to be an ordinary housewife