New album coming up?

Discuss The Racs here
hernameisbrittany
Little Bird

New album coming up?

Post by hernameisbrittany »

Reasons why a new album may be underway soon...
Greenhornes have a gap in their tour from July 23 to Sept 2.
Proof?:http://greenhornes.com/tour/
Raconteurs playing MI Fest on 9/17/2011.
Proof?:http://mi-fest.com/
<JackWhite> can't tour with the raconteurs right now, i'm writing songs / and recording them. / and listening to them.
Proof?: July 6th Modblast chat.
mojoryan
Little People

Re: New album coming up?

Post by mojoryan »

reason 4.

if I told you, I'd have to kill you. 8-)

Yes, I'm surreptitiously flaunting previous knowledge of possible alleged happenings yet to occur. Savvy?

*edited to say: Welcome, by the way! (sorry for the pseudo-death threat so early in the game. Really, I'm a nice homosapien)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
hernameisbrittany
Little Bird

The facts point to a logical conclusion. I'll say that weighs more than hearsay...Hearsay that ought not be said by one who has heard, I'll say.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

The real answer lies within...

The walls of TMR that is...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

hernameisbrittany wrote:The facts point to a logical conclusion. I'll say that weighs more than hearsay...Hearsay that ought not be said by one who has heard, I'll say.
Except for the fact that these guys seem to work via whim and impulse rather than logic.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hernameisbrittany
Little Bird

Kali Durga wrote:
hernameisbrittany wrote:The facts point to a logical conclusion. I'll say that weighs more than hearsay...Hearsay that ought not be said by one who has heard, I'll say.
Except for the fact that these guys seem to work via whim and impulse rather than logic.
Spontaneity seems to outweigh schedules on their priority list, so I know what you're trying to say. But that doesn't mean they're going to get together and record while the Greenhornes are knee-deep in a tour for the sake of it being 'spontaneous'.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Rather have the Stripes... or Dead Weather..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Rather have the Stripes... or Dead Weather..
Second and third choices. In that order. 8-)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Oh I hope so- A new Racs album would make me a happy, happy man...
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

I would rather have more Dead Weather.....
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

hernameisbrittany wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Spontaneity seems to outweigh schedules on their priority list, so I know what you're trying to say. But that doesn't mean they're going to get together and record while the Greenhornes are knee-deep in a tour for the sake of it being 'spontaneous'.
Actually, what I was saying is that it's silly to speculate on anything from them, album or tour. Your facts don't really add up to much. We'll know what they're doing when they choose to announce it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

Kali Durga wrote:
hernameisbrittany wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Actually, what I was saying is that it's silly to speculate on anything from them, album or tour. Your facts don't really add up to much. We'll know what they're doing when they choose to announce it.
I second this. I'd rather not talk in possibilities but wait and let the excitement of the announcement and subsequent release be the discussion. I honestly hope that Jack does something like he did with Consolers announce and release really close together. Too many artists announce early and push back releases. Jack on the other hand let's the music speak for its self no hype needed (For the most part).

Good to see you more active over here Kali :)
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Maldoror17 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
hernameisbrittany wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
I second this. I'd rather not talk in possibilities but wait and let the excitement of the announcement and subsequent release be the discussion. I honestly hope that Jack does something like he did with Consolers announce and release really close together. Too many artists announce early and push back releases. Jack on the other hand let's the music speak for its self no hype needed (For the most part).

Good to see you more active over here Kali :)
As am I, but it would seem that someone followed her through the portal.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Speculation in this way seems quite a bit little room-ish..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

That's because . . Never mind. ;)