Reunion?

Discuss The Racs here
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Reunion?

Post by rsimms3 »

Although I live here, I'm not sure about hotels in the area. My suggestion would be the new Holiday Inn that was just built in the last year right off of the interstate. I don't think Brooklyn has much in it, much less a hotel. When NASCAR runs at MIS, the drivers actually fly into the Jackson airport for the weekend. Jackson is 20 minutes from the venue and will probably be a hotspot for out-of-towners who want to go to the event. Near the Holiday Inn there is food, gas, grocery, and even a library if you are into that sort of thing. On the other side of the interstate there is more food, a KMart, Sam's Club, mall, and the airport. The airport doesn't have commercial service.

45 minutes to the east is Ann Arbor, home of the University of Michigan, the highest capacit college football stadium in the country. It also has the largest used record store in the state and probably the midwest, Encore records. There are also 3 other record stores in town along with a few java joints, two ice cream shops, a few book stores, a couple art galleries, and The Ark which is a nice little venue that gets eclectic bands on a consistent basis. There's Weber's restaurant and hotel which has good food as well as Zingerman's Roadhouse which is featured on some sort of eating show or top ten list or something for it's food. I wasn't that impressed but I am far from a foodie. Ann Arbor also has the Blind Pig which has played host to a number of up and coming bands such as Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and a little band called The White Stripes. Hole in the wall if I've ever seen one. The whole left wall is nothing but a mirror. Smaller than the Magic Stick if you've been in there.

More questions? Let's hear them!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

rsimms3 wrote:Although I live here, I'm not sure about hotels in the area. My suggestion would be the new Holiday Inn that was just built in the last year right off of the interstate. I don't think Brooklyn has much in it, much less a hotel. When NASCAR runs at MIS, the drivers actually fly into the Jackson airport for the weekend. Jackson is 20 minutes from the venue and will probably be a hotspot for out-of-towners who want to go to the event. Near the Holiday Inn there is food, gas, grocery, and even a library if you are into that sort of thing. On the other side of the interstate there is more food, a KMart, Sam's Club, mall, and the airport. The airport doesn't have commercial service.

45 minutes to the east is Ann Arbor, home of the University of Michigan, the highest capacit college football stadium in the country. It also has the largest used record store in the state and probably the midwest, Encore records. There are also 3 other record stores in town along with a few java joints, two ice cream shops, a few book stores, a couple art galleries, and The Ark which is a nice little venue that gets eclectic bands on a consistent basis. There's Weber's restaurant and hotel which has good food as well as Zingerman's Roadhouse which is featured on some sort of eating show or top ten list or something for it's food. I wasn't that impressed but I am far from a foodie. Ann Arbor also has the Blind Pig which has played host to a number of up and coming bands such as Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and a little band called The White Stripes. Hole in the wall if I've ever seen one. The whole left wall is nothing but a mirror. Smaller than the Magic Stick if you've been in there.

More questions? Let's hear them!
Where do babies come from?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The womb. Next question.

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

rsimms3 wrote:The womb. Next question.

nice...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

mojoryan wrote:Ok, spillage. I pressed PK about the possible future of the Racs when I spoke with him at the G'Hornes show in Cincy last time. Let me just say this; I'm not surprised to hear this "news." ;)
NO FREAKING WAY!
he is everything i hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Alright, I really wanna go, but prolly have to go by myself. Who else plans on going to mi fest?
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

i will be making a strong effort to go...live in VA and actually was talking last night about meeting up and carpooling for the rest of the trip with a couple people in the vault chat..
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

greginchains wrote:Alright, I really wanna go, but prolly have to go by myself. Who else plans on going to mi fest?
Ill be there.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Can't wait, will be there.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

will not be there.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

PugFaceRex wrote:will not be there.
Why not?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

i will still be deployed :( but i already told the wife we r going to the first live event at TMR when i get back and i might be back in time for De luna fest in Pensacola
Hi
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

We should share hotel info and the such, Swirlers unite.

We need to help each other getting spots up front at the show.

We need to help each other hold spots while we hit the RRS.

Let's be friends :D

Anyone going feel free to pm me anytime.

Woody
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Record Store Day 2010 saw the Racontwoers and the release of the Copper BBS and the live B&B. With The Raconteurs playing in Sept. and the RRS being there, I'll go on a limb and say there will be a limited release Consolers LP on colored vinyl. Also, the show will be recorded for a future Vault release. Maybe black/ grey split or solid grey for the LP. What do y'all think?
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Purchased Grande admission today!