All the Bees But You

Discuss The Racs here
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

All the Bees But You

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Hello Swirlers, this might be my first post and forgive me if it's been discussed before. But, I noticed this article yesterday on pitchfork -http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1252-9-re ... uld-break/ . There's a paragraph in there that talks about a third album that was released only as a reel to reel... Any truth to this?? I searched around and couldn't find anything else specific other then the above article, which makes me think its BS. Just wanted to double check, cheers!

Jack White’s New Album First to Be Exclusively Released As Reel-to-Reel Tape Album

When Beck released 2012’s Song Reader, Jack White was upset, claiming that Beck had stolen the idea while rifling through a pile of White’s assorted documents late one evening after the two had imbibed absinthe during a winter sleepover. (The sleepover was meant as a brainstorming session for a collaborative children’s album of Devo covers.) Years later, after cutting ties with Beck, White goes to work on a new Raconteurs album, All the Bees But You, which is released in limited edition as analog tape. No, not a cassette: a beautifully packaged copy of the recording tape to which the album was tracked.

Fans, angry at not being able to play the new music, lash out at White on Twitter. His response? “If you truly loved music you’d already own and listen to all of your songs on a reel-to-reel player.”

:?
stoffel
Little Bird

Re: All the Bees But You

Post by stoffel »

"There’s no knowing how White will break records in the future, but we’ve got a few guesses."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Do you work for pitchfork and in desperate need of some readers?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Of course not, I work at a bank and have almost all sites blocked except for most forums. Go figure. So I assume pitchfork, at least with this article, is all BS? That's kind of bummer but I wasn't sure, never really read their stuff before. My bad
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Did you not read the 10 other completely made up things on the list?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

I didn't when I posted. I was searching for New Raconteurs music and that was one of the hits on Google. It was the first bullet in that list of 9 so immediately tried searching that album title and wasn't coming up with much. Just wanted to double check here, but now realize I should have just read more... again my bad.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Knew about HUS this whoooooole time y'all. This was just a teaser post to get the excitement up :mrgreen: