Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby 3quid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:44 am

7th_son wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Anyone know which racs prints were done on wood? How do they hold up over time (any cracking etc)?


I've had the Nashville 08 print on wood framed and on the wall for about 3 years now and I've seen no changes in it, no cracking, no issues whatsoever.

Other prints done on wood, if memory serves:

Seattle 08
Memphis 08
Bonnaroo 08
Ferrara 08
Vancouver 08

Think a few more... 3quid would know.


That list is probably pretty complete. I had all of these except the Seattle wood one at one time. The look great in person. I had always thought that framing them without glass would be pretty bad ass.
User avatar
3quid
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby flattop2001 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:47 am

I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
User avatar
flattop2001
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am

flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.


Jimmy, I'd love to see a pic of that set if you ever have one handy.
User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby harvestgirl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 am

what's the deal w/ the centipede print?

i have it on wood (AP out of 13 i believe) and i always forget the story behind it. ( shame on me lol)

i talked to rob about framing the wood & he was indifferent about it, it's interesting to see that some are framed, i am leaving mine unframed.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
User avatar
harvestgirl
spinning top mama
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby flattop2001 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:55 pm

7th_son wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.


Jimmy, I'd love to see a pic of that set if you ever have one handy.


Happy you asked me that, just checked through my insurance pics and dont have Seattle recorded. Here are the others I will post seattle when I snap it at the weekend. Nothing too exciting but the prints are stunning in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
User avatar
flattop2001
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby Kali Durga » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 pm

That Ryman poster really is one of the coolest I've seen yet.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
User avatar
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby 7th_son » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

flattop2001 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.


Jimmy, I'd love to see a pic of that set if you ever have one handy.


Happy you asked me that, just checked through my insurance pics and dont have Seattle recorded. Here are the others I will post seattle when I snap it at the weekend. Nothing too exciting but the prints are stunning in person.


Myyy oh my, that is pretty epic stuff!

Nicole, do you intend to or are you displaying them sans frame?
The centipede print was part of the infamous modernrockart subscription on EB. Rob is depicted on that print, true story.
User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby chrono_1980 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 am

flattop2001 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.


Jimmy, I'd love to see a pic of that set if you ever have one handy.


Happy you asked me that, just checked through my insurance pics and dont have Seattle recorded. Here are the others I will post seattle when I snap it at the weekend. Nothing too exciting but the prints are stunning in person.


Those look great Jimmy
User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby flattop2001 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 pm

And the last one, forgive crappy camera work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
User avatar
flattop2001
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby Kali Durga » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm

^^ What is that??
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
User avatar
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby Boonth76 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby 7th_son » Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Boonth76 wrote:how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit


These days, I'd say you're looking at less than $200. Last recorded sale on EB was in 2010.
User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Postby Boonth76 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

7th_son wrote:
Boonth76 wrote:how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit


These days, I'd say you're looking at less than $200. Last recorded sale on EB was in 2010.

what about autographed by LJ JW BB and PK
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Previous

Return to Posters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests