Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: Post your framed Raconteurs posters

Post by 3quid »

7th_son wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Anyone know which racs prints were done on wood? How do they hold up over time (any cracking etc)?
I've had the Nashville 08 print on wood framed and on the wall for about 3 years now and I've seen no changes in it, no cracking, no issues whatsoever.

Other prints done on wood, if memory serves:

Seattle 08
Memphis 08
Bonnaroo 08
Ferrara 08
Vancouver 08

Think a few more... 3quid would know.
That list is probably pretty complete. I had all of these except the Seattle wood one at one time. The look great in person. I had always thought that framing them without glass would be pretty bad ass.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.
Jimmy, I'd love to see a pic of that set if you ever have one handy.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

what's the deal w/ the centipede print?

i have it on wood (AP out of 13 i believe) and i always forget the story behind it. ( shame on me lol)

i talked to rob about framing the wood & he was indifferent about it, it's interesting to see that some are framed, i am leaving mine unframed.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

7th_son wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I think that is the set. I have them all framed, plain black with uv glass and spacers. I also thought of leaving glass out but too much polen in the air where I live. Not racs but the centipede print is also on wood and looks awesome.
Happy you asked me that, just checked through my insurance pics and dont have Seattle recorded. Here are the others I will post seattle when I snap it at the weekend. Nothing too exciting but the prints are stunning in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That Ryman poster really is one of the coolest I've seen yet.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

flattop2001 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
Happy you asked me that, just checked through my insurance pics and dont have Seattle recorded. Here are the others I will post seattle when I snap it at the weekend. Nothing too exciting but the prints are stunning in person.
Myyy oh my, that is pretty epic stuff!

Nicole, do you intend to or are you displaying them sans frame?
The centipede print was part of the infamous modernrockart subscription on EB. Rob is depicted on that print, true story.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

flattop2001 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
Those look great Jimmy
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

And the last one, forgive crappy camera work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ What is that??
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda

Post by Boonth76 »

how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Boonth76 wrote:how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit
These days, I'd say you're looking at less than $200. Last recorded sale on EB was in 2010.
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda

Post by Boonth76 »

7th_son wrote:
Boonth76 wrote:how much would ya'll pay for a nashville 08 racs ( the alice in wonderland) not wood just silk screen. on EB it says the avg is $280 :o is that legit
These days, I'd say you're looking at less than $200. Last recorded sale on EB was in 2010.
what about autographed by LJ JW BB and PK