The full set of 7" singles

Stylophones to Rob Jones
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

All the V2, XL, and WB singles, plus 2 Vault singles.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Looks like you got that all sorted out!
Congrats.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: The full set of 7" singles

Post by Kali Durga »

That's purty. I love me some Racs, need to get on the stick and start collecting their stuff. When I get beyond being broke, of course...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I should put all of mine in a white sleeve as well. None of them come with them..
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

It really is awesome, buddy. ;) :mrgreen:
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

arewhyehen wrote:I should put all of mine in a white sleeve as well. None of them come with them..
Definitely! I always stockpile paper and plastic sleeves for all my records when I visit the local record store. It's a good habit to do!
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

greginchains wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I should put all of mine in a white sleeve as well. None of them come with them..
Definitely! I always stockpile paper and plastic sleeves for all my records when I visit the local record store. It's a good habit to do!
Yep, I always have surplus 7" paper sleeves because I don't store my vinyl in the actual picture sleeve to prevent ring wear.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

that would be a hell of a task for me to do starting now...
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

AJ123 wrote:
greginchains wrote:
Yep, I always have surplus 7" paper sleeves because I don't store my vinyl in the actual picture sleeve to prevent ring wear.
+1
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Nice set. Now you know what I'm after with my record label. I would love to see someone post a complete set 5 years down the road. Much like these, I want it to take some work and digging for someone to put a set together.
Grats man. After seeing this, I'm not sure I even have the complete Racs set now. Could you make a list with descriptions?
Mark
I am everything you hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Grimtale wrote:Nice set. Now you know what I'm after with my record label. I would love to see someone post a complete set 5 years down the road. Much like these, I want it to take some work and digging for someone to put a set together.
Grats man. After seeing this, I'm not sure I even have the complete Racs set now. Could you make a list with descriptions?
Mark
Thankfully Canadian Ryan has one here somewhere. I could email it as well.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Here's the list. I emailed it to you as well Grim.
A
Steady As She Goes/Store Bought Bones - XL Recordings - UK - XLS227
Steady As She Goes/Store Bought Bones - V2 Records - US - 63881-27843-7
Steady As She Goes/Hands - XL Recordings - Australia - XLS236AUS (as The Saboteurs)

B
Steady As She Goes/Store Bought Bones - XL Recordings - UK - XLS229A
Steady As She Goes/Store Bought Bones - V2 Records - US - 63881-27848-7

C
Steady As She Goes (acoustic)/Call It A Day - XL Recordings - UK - XLS229B
Steady As She Goes (acoustic)/Call It A Day - V2 Records - US - 63881-27847-7

D
Hands/Store Bought Bones (The Zane Rendition) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS236A
Hands/Store Bought Bones (The Zane Rendition) - V2 Records - US - 63881-27856-7

E
Hands (live)/It Ain't Easy (live) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS236B
Hands (live)/It Ain't Easy (live) - V2 Records - US - 63881-27857-7

F
Broken Boy Solider/Headin' For The Texas Border (live) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS248A
Broken Boy Solider/Headin' For The Texas Border (live) - V2 Records - US - 63881-27874-7
Broken Boy Solider/Headin' For The Texas Border (live) - XL Recordings - Australia - XLS248AUSA (as The Saboteurs)

G
Broken Boy Solider (live)/Blue Veins (KCRW session) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS248B
Broken Boy Solider (live)/Blue Veins (KCRW session) - V2 Records - US - 63881-27875-7
Broken Boy Solider (live)/Blue Veins (KCRW session) - XL Recordings - Australia - XLS248AUSB (as The Saboteurs)

H
Salute Your Solution/Top Yourself (Bluegrass version) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS362
Salute Your Solution/Top Yourself (Bluegrass version) - Warner Brothers - US - 0-511322 (12-inch single)

I
Many Shades Of Black/Many Shades of Black (Adele & The Raconteurs) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS385

J
Old Enough (Live At Bonnaroo)/Old Enough (Acoustic - Backstage at Bonnaroo) - Warner Brothers - US - 7-516595

K
Old Enough (featuring Ricky Skaggs & Ashley Monroe)/Top Yourself (Bluegrass version) - XL Recordings - UK - XLS403
Old Enough (featuring Ricky Skaggs & Ashley Monroe)/Top Yourself (Bluegrass version) - Warner Brothers - US - 7-517202
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Yessir...That's my list.

Since this is now an open thread...I will post my photo here now too :lol:

I also have the vault singles but left them out at the time of the photo due to them not being in the "letter series"

Does anyone else here on swirl have the complete set, or are Greg and I the only ones? (I doubt it)

Let's see your photos people..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Grimtale wrote:Nice set. Now you know what I'm after with my record label. I would love to see someone post a complete set 5 years down the road. Much like these, I want it to take some work and digging for someone to put a set together.
Mark
Ya, very cool idea Mark!! These records were the first singles I went after when I started collecting. They were really cheap and quite a few around at the time and I need in time they would be difficult to put together as a whole. Really glad to see others are following at the chase is getting harder.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Does anyone else's Saboteurs SASG 7" feel like it could crack very easy. Its thinner and more crackable than standard US 7" vinyl