Post by FaytLJake »

Kev, sent you a PM back.
St.Andrew on the Little Room
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Keep it clean soap

Post by flattop2001 »

kevron6 wrote:
ms8shaw wrote:My soap is "sweating" in the package. I don't want to take it out of the package though. Dang!
I used a bar of soap true story. It makes a pretty good coppery mess when actually used, but I did feel really clean afterwards.
unusual for soap to sweat unless in very high humidity, put a pin hole in the wrap and that should clear up

The coppery mess is because. In order to keep natural ingredient claims and high definition in the logo we used a water based formula. This is transparent and in order to match the copper color a lot of pearl was added. It is all natural not a dye so will not stain anything. :P

I know a lot of you are keeping these, but remember that soap has a natural shelf life of between 1-3 years with this formula being at the low end. After this time it will shrink as it loses moisture, then crack.

There are ways you can prevent this but more hassle than it is worth ( unless you have all the equipment in work)

Glad most people seem to like them.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

flattop2001 wrote:
kevron6 wrote:
ms8shaw wrote:My soap is "sweating" in the package. I don't want to take it out of the package though. Dang!
I used a bar of soap true story. It makes a pretty good coppery mess when actually used, but I did feel really clean afterwards.
unusual for soap to sweat unless in very high humidity, put a pin hole in the wrap and that should clear up

The coppery mess is because. In order to keep natural ingredient claims and high definition in the logo we used a water based formula. This is transparent and in order to match the copper color a lot of pearl was added. It is all natural not a dye so will not stain anything. :P

I know a lot of you are keeping these, but remember that soap has a natural shelf life of between 1-3 years with this formula being at the low end. After this time it will shrink as it loses moisture, then crack.

There are ways you can prevent this but more hassle than it is worth ( unless you have all the equipment in work)

Glad most people seem to like them.

Uh oh. Tick tock folks! Would an airtight container help?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

flattop2001 wrote:

Hey! these should come with a lifetime warranty and manufacturer should replace damaged ones
upon receive of the time-defected item :lol:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Ah! Self destructing merch! A collectors worst nightmare. Ooh...what if I get one of those sealer things, like for food. Would that stop the decaying process of the soap?
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

The simplest way is to use a vacuum sealed bag and place in fridge. Do not freeze....,,
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

flattop2001 wrote:The simplest way is to use a vacuum sealed bag and place in fridge. Do not freeze....,,

Now you tell us Jimmy!
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Ah! Self destructing merch! A collectors worst nightmare. Ooh...what if I get one of those sealer things, like for food. Would that stop the decaying process of the soap?
I have a food saver! Would it really help?

Personally I don't want to use the soap, not just cause for saving it for collecting purposes, I just hate bar soaps. Makers always claim that they are luxurious, non drying, etc. That is NEVER the case, sorry folks. Liquid for life! :)
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I think the food saver should work. I've got one at work I might try...I don't think it could damage or hurt it in anyway, or else I'd bring a bar of Irish Spring and try that out first or something.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

ms8shaw wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Ah! Self destructing merch! A collectors worst nightmare. Ooh...what if I get one of those sealer things, like for food. Would that stop the decaying process of the soap?

Personally I don't want to use the soap, not just cause for saving it for collecting purposes, I just hate bar soaps. Makers always claim that they are luxurious, non drying, etc. That is NEVER the case, sorry folks. Liquid for life! :)

i an hook you up w/ a mama friend of mine who makes THE best soap. i can't even tell you the last time i bought soap @ the store...lol min. of 9 years ago ~ lol! pm me if you want her info.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

harvestgirl wrote:
ms8shaw wrote:

i an hook you up w/ a mama friend of mine who makes THE best soap. i can't even tell you the last time i bought soap @ the store...lol min. of 9 years ago ~ lol! pm me if you want her info.
I'll shoot you a pm but I have NEVER found a small mom and pop soap that is as luscious as a liquid soap. I can see using a bar soap for hand washing but never for the body, it dries my skin way too much. I'm a delicate flower I guess. ;)
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Somebody asked me to post pics of the tri colored soap so.......
soap.jpg
soap2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Cool - never seen these before. Thx!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

So glad i never really decided to go the collector route with this kind of thing... i might get all [img]Lathered%20up[/img] if it started to ooze and mess other things up

snare to a rim shot
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

flattop2001 wrote:Somebody asked me to post pics of the tri colored soap so.......
soap.jpg
soap2.jpg
Thanks!!! Never seen this either!! Looks kinda cool!!

This reminds me though...remember when the iphone cases came out and they announced that the raconteurs cases were test prints for an upcoming re-release? umm...Where is that release? I was so pumped to see that and I would LOVE a tri colour made of black/white/copper. I am surprised they didnt try a white/blue/black tri colour for jacks singles....i wonder if there are any test pressings out there like this?