DVD/BD: Live at Montreux 2008

Stylophones to Rob Jones
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

DVD/BD: Live at Montreux 2008

Post by rsimms3 »

Apparently information has been out there about this release for almost 2 weeks. TMR just tweeted about it to the Racs site which was updated today.

June 19 (pre-book order date May 25)

The Raconteurs/Live At Montreux 2008/DVD and Blu-ray 

At 2008’s Montreux Jazz Festival, The Raconteurs performed a rough’n’tumble set of rock’n’roll split between their two albums, Broken Boy Soldiers and Consolers Of The Lonely (plus a cover of Charley Jordan’s 1940s classic “Keep It Clean.) The 100-minute 16-song set, recorded in DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo, filmed in crystal high-definition clarity, is consumed with all the rage and angst Jack White intended when he formed this band in 2005. White and fellow band members Brendan Benson (co-founder and acclaimed solo artist), drummer Patrick Keeler and bassist Jack Lawrence pummel the extremities of the room to provide a swift kick to the Montreux crowd. [MSRP $14.98 for DVD, $19.98 for Blu-ray]

Live at Montreux 2008 Tracklist:
01. Consoler of the Lonely
02. Hold Up
03. You Don’t Understand Me
04. Top Yourself
05. Old Enough
06. Keep it Clean
07. Intimate Secretary
08. Level
09. Steady, As She Goes
10. The Switch and the Spur
11. Rich Kid Blues
>Store Bought Bones
12. Blue Veins
13. Many Shades of Black
14. Broken Boy Soldier
15. Salute Your Solution
16. Carolina Drama

Store Bought Bones isn't listed in the DVD/BD setlist but they did play some if it as I indicated above. It was included in the broadcast on TV back at that time even though it wasn't listed in the tracklist for that show either. My guess is that they didn't realize it was a seperate song since they went right into it from Rich Kid Blues. I have a HD capture of what was broadcast and I can tell you, this looks gorgeous! The broadcast was only Old Enough through Blue Veins.
Last edited by rsimms3 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: DVD/BD: Live at Montreux 2008

Post by Kali Durga »

First we have to wait for Vault packages, then for Blunderbuss, now we have to wait for this. Sometimes it feels as if my whole life is spent waiting for things from Jack. And yet they're always worth it. Looking forward to this.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

This will be a fun watch
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

This is going to be something!!
Last edited by mojoryan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Fixed
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

"pummel the extremities of the room"——WHOA.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

About time - blu ray concerts are fantastic!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Very excited to get this in Blu-ray.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Can't wait for this, it will be awesome to have some good official Rac's footage!
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Surprised this isn't on the TMR or racs sites... where are people ordering this from? Ebay? yikes
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Amazon.com. It's also at bestbuy.com.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Oh man, this really snuck up on me.....gonna have to look for this locally.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Ya - I'll do the local rounds tomorrow, otherwise off to amazon I guess!
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Local-store report! Fab peeps there held a blu-ray for me: $19.99 on sale for $14.99. Told them I was glad I didn't have to go to Amazon or some such entity. The two multitatted/multipierced peeps there said, "We're better than Amazon! We have tattoos, and piercings...AND quirky personalities!!" 'Nuff said.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

cmelo wrote:Local-store report! Fab peeps there held a blu-ray for me: $19.99 on sale for $14.99. Told them I was glad I didn't have to go to Amazon or some such entity. The two multitatted/multipierced peeps there said, "We're better than Amazon! We have tattoos, and piercings...AND quirky personalities!!" 'Nuff said.
What local store?