Merch: Raconteurs Live CDs

Stylophones to Rob Jones
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Merch: Raconteurs Live CDs

Post by Jamie »

Bane wrote:
colditz wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Are these the shows up on the Racontues site in the Live section in MP3?
If you mean http://www.theraconteurs.com/live/ then yes - one and the same.

but there are no mp3's to download from there.

I was wondering if anyone is able to steer me in the right direction about obtaining the phyical CDs or the MP3s. The band's website took down the free streaming of these bootlegs.
These are official releases rather than bootlegs, so the only option now is to get the CDs from eBay or other means from the secondary market I'm afraid.
Bane
Little Bird

Post by Bane »

Are all the live CDs are on the standard CD or on CDR?. I been looking at discogs and some of the live shows that are listed are on a CDR format. Can anyone be able to post a photo of the actual CDs (cover:front/back and physical CD). I just wanna make sure what to look for when I try to obtain theses.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/475462-Raconteurs-The
The Raconteurs (Virgin Mobile Festival, 2006)
The Dead Weather (9:30 Club, 2009)
The Dead Weather (Rams Head Live, 2010)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Do a google search. Lots of photos of the Cd's. They are Cd's. Not CDR's. There are CDR's of White Stripes songs live but nor the Rac's. Tons of photos on Google.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ksalvini
Little Bird

Post by ksalvini »

Hi, these all seem super cool to get.. Anyone know which has the best quality and which has the worst. Also anyone know if any are tougher to find than the other? Thanks so much!
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

The sound quality is pretty similar throughout, however it seemed like there was a learning curve with the actual production of the cds as the first few have songs spread over multiple track numbers and the track splits in strange places. Doesn't affect anything if you're listening to it in full but if you're the kind of person who listens on shuffle then you might not enjoy it so much.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

ksalvini wrote: Anyone know which has the best quality and which has the worst.
Imo, the last few shows had the better sound quality while the first few shows were the worst sounding. they seemed to get better as the shows went on and I always thought Liverpool & wolverhampton sounded the best.
ksalvini
Little Bird

Post by ksalvini »

Awesome!! Thanks so much! They all seem like a lot of fun to hunt down and find.
JimmyLaverty
Little Bird

Post by JimmyLaverty »

I was at the Liverpool show, was my first ever gig! It was insane!
Get me the Becktionary, the rhyming Becktionary!
ksalvini
Little Bird

Post by ksalvini »

That's awesome you went to the Liverpool show.. I want that one for sure.. I just got the Nottingham Rock City and just love it.. Sounds fantastic. I would love them all but would hate to spend a ton for horrible quality sound.
appleblossom
Little Bird

Post by appleblossom »

Interesting fact about the Nottingham show. The first band ever to play Rock City, Nottingham (way back in 1980) was The Undertones & I believe that they ended with 'Teenage Kicks' - I don't know if Jack knew this but The Raconteurs played us a superb 'Teenage Kicks'. I like the Nottingham show best of the U.K Tour 2006 cds because I was there :D & it was a brilliant show - the cd is a fantastic reminder of that night. Rock City is a fairly small venue (holds a couple of thousand) & it was wonderful to see Jack in a smallish venue after seeing him in The Ice Arena, Nottingham with The White Stripes during the Elephant tour.
I remember that Jack held up 'Happy Family' type cards with cartoon images made by the girls who gave Jack & Meg The White Stripes dolls - you can hear him talking about them on the cd.
The Raconteurs' tour cds are all excellent & I love them all, it's interesting to hear the different cover versions they played as well as the different versions of the album songs. The album wasn't the longest album in the world & so they played various covers throughout this tour.
Also I was looking through my cd collection the other day & found that I have a spare cd 1 of the Liverpool University gig, it has no cover but is a genuine Concert Live cd. It lasts for 36 minutes and has Intimate Secretary, Level, Five on the Five,Together, It Ain't Easy (David Bowie cover), Store Bought Bones & Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) cover. If you'd like me to send it to you (no cost) send me a message with your address & I'll post it to you.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Looks like I attended Liverpool University a few decades too early! :D

I won't ask you to send it to me because internationally it's a hassle, but that's a very cool offer, and I hope someone appreciative takes you up on it. I'll be on the lookout for that show online!
appleblossom
Little Bird

Post by appleblossom »

Someone has asked for the cd to be sent to them already but I would have been quite happy to send internationally if the music is appreciated. Hope you find the Liverpool concert Aquamarine.