Raconteurs BBS TMR-14

Stylophones to Rob Jones
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Raconteurs BBS TMR-14

Post by mkuborn »

How is this solely a TMR press? Did they buy the masters from XL/Warner? He retains them they release? How does this all work? Anyone listened to this press yet? I got mine today. Thoughts?
greginchains
Little Ghost

Re: Raconteurs BBS TMR-14

Post by greginchains »

Felt like reviving an old post. Copper is a beauty, and the black vinyl sounds great! I heart the Rac's big time!!!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

greginchains wrote:Felt like reviving an old post. Copper is a beauty, and the black vinyl sounds great! I heart the Rac's big time!!!
Definitely my favourite album out of the two and probably my most favourite piece in my collection (i gave it to my girlfriend as a gift, but we all know its still mine :lol: ;) ;) )

JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Oh, that framed and signed one is BEAUTIFUL

This album is so great that I currently own 4 different copies of it on vinyl!
I was lucky enough to get a copper one in the refreshaton, and I cherish it oh so much.

I bought BBS before ever hearing a song. I saw an ad for it and I thought, "Jack White with a full band? Sign me up!" I remember popping it in my CD player in the car immediately after buying it. And the first time Jack sings "Steady as She Goes", which I think is roughly 90 seconds into the song, I thought, "Totally worth it!"

I had a 40 minute drive to a party that night, so I heard the entire thing twice through. When I got home I went online and bought tickets to their show in Denver.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Raconteurs.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

JonnyH wrote:
I don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Raconteurs.
well said. And yes, this album is one of my favourites that I listen to a lot(obviously not the one on the wall :lol: )
Love that copper too!! Congrats on the score!!
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

arewhyehen wrote:
greginchains wrote:Felt like reviving an old post. Copper is a beauty, and the black vinyl sounds great! I heart the Rac's big time!!!
Definitely my favourite album out of the two and probably my most favourite piece in my collection (i gave it to my girlfriend as a gift, but we all know its still mine :lol: ;) ;) )

I love that, it looks awesome.

I believe I have every version of this album, except the copper and the 13". I'll find a good deal on them someday.

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I have seen a few of the BBS 13" going for decent prices lately. Keep your eye out. Coppers have been holding strong I believe but the 13" is pretty cool. What a B$%^h to store though..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This album will always hold a special place in my heart. Icky Thump was the first of Jack's records that I bought, but it was BBS, picked up almost two years later, that finally made the lightbulb come on.

Still can't believe I picked up what was supposedly the last Copper on my first trip to TMR and actually went ahead and mailed it to the person who'd asked me to get it for them... Case of "if I knew then what I know now".
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:This album will always hold a special place in my heart. Icky Thump was the first of Jack's records that I bought, but it was BBS, picked up almost two years later, that finally made the lightbulb come on.

Still can't believe I picked up what was supposedly the last Copper on my first trip to TMR and actually went ahead and mailed it to the person who'd asked me to get it for them... Case of "if I knew then what I know now".
Haha, I remember reading that a few times on here. What the HELL were you thinking? :lol:

I agree. It was this album for me that puts me here today. Raconteurs was the first time I saw Jack live and I was never really into the White Stripes until long after I was hooked on the Racs. I still listen to the Racs much more often than The White Stripes. Just something about that sound that gets me..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:Haha, I remember reading that a few times on here. What the HELL were you thinking? :lol:
I didn't know!! I was brand new to the whole Third Man thing and had picked up all sorts of stuff at the shop for other people. If I remember correctly, I didn't even own a turntable at that point.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Haha, I remember reading that a few times on here. What the HELL were you thinking? :lol:
I didn't know!! I was brand new to the whole Third Man thing and had picked up all sorts of stuff at the shop for other people. If I remember correctly, I didn't even own a turntable at that point.
I also had vinyl before a turntable. lol Vinyl = cheap.....A good system is not
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

I'm a dummy. Bought and sold 2 different coppers, and of course I miss them after completing my 7" collection. Oh well, everything is re-obtainable, it just costs more each time- lol
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I even bought this giant vinyl billboard of the album artwork because it's one of my favorite albums. It's so huge that I have never been able to display it properly as I am an apartment dweller.

There are links to the pictures in my FS thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8056

It's super cool. I've recently applied for a job at a radio station, and if I get it, and my office has long enough walls, then I want to put it up there. I figure a radio station is an acceptable place to display such a thing. :D
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
I also had vinyl before a turntable. lol Vinyl = cheap.....A good system is not
I just got a friend of mine to sign up for the Vault, he's a big Jack fan, and he just started collecting vinyl. Yesterday he mentioned he still doesn't have a record player. I said, "Well you have a few months before your first Vault package arrives, just get one before then!"
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

This was my first RSD experience. I had no idea what to e3xpect. Waited in line for about 5 hours and got to see a killer show. Had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time. :lol: