Album: The Raconteurs Live in London

Stylophones to Rob Jones
mysteriousprism
Little Bird

Re: Album: The Raconteurs Live in London

Post by mysteriousprism »

Kali Durga wrote: Think I need to listen to Live in London on the drive home from work tonight.
You have a rip of Live In London! Lucky... This has been my number one TMR ISO forever... I missed that one from Canada from the other day that went for $170 on ebay, sealed, with the Top Yourself Demo 7". One day...
"What gave me this power to construct you? Your guess is as good as mine."
-Cash Grab Complications on the Matter
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mysteriousprism wrote:
Kali Durga wrote: Think I need to listen to Live in London on the drive home from work tonight.
You have a rip of Live In London! Lucky... This has been my number one TMR ISO forever... I missed that one from Canada from the other day that went for $170 on ebay, sealed, with the Top Yourself Demo 7". One day...
I have Grim to thank for the copy of the record that I was able to make a rip from. My very first Swirl deal.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mysteriousprism
Little Bird

Post by mysteriousprism »

Kali Durga wrote:
mysteriousprism wrote:
I have Grim to thank for the copy of the record that I was able to make a rip from. My very first Swirl deal.
Very nice Kali! Grim is a great guy. Live In London will be mine someday.
"What gave me this power to construct you? Your guess is as good as mine."
-Cash Grab Complications on the Matter
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Much luck in your quest.

I think one of the things I love most about this record is that LJ's bass is so very strong in the mix. Makes the whole thing sound so full.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I have owned three copies of this so far. The first one had some dings in it, so I sold it off, quite literally, to buy a replacement the very same day because it was mint. Unfortunately, our beloved post office must have slowed down to toss it out, because it arrived in even worse shape than my first one. I managed to sell THAT one to buy the whole sealed package (thanks Captain Swirl...you know who you are), but now...I can't bring myself to break the seal on that pristine beauty, so I'm gonna have to find an open one to spin. Yeah...this package will always be one of the best.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

I'm so excited. Been wanting this album for years, and found it at The Groove in East Nashville for...well, a fraction of what it normally goes for. Cannot WAIT to get home and finally hear it!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

sjcapps07 wrote:I'm so excited. Been wanting this album for years, and found it at The Groove in East Nashville for...well, a fraction of what it normally goes for. Cannot WAIT to get home and finally hear it!
Awesome! What did you score it for?
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

love_islander wrote:
sjcapps07 wrote:I'm so excited. Been wanting this album for years, and found it at The Groove in East Nashville for...well, a fraction of what it normally goes for. Cannot WAIT to get home and finally hear it!
$75. :D
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

sjcapps07 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
$75. :D
winner, winner, chicken dinner!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Here is the idiot side of me . . .

Having seen the Racs 6 times in my life . . . I've never been overly impressed with this. It's pretty good, but not godhead. The Racs show at the Ryman in 2011 thrilled me thrice times thrice more than this does . . .

Flame on, sisters and brothers . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

woodisgood wrote:Here is the idiot side of me . . .

Having seen the Racs 6 times in my life . . . I've never been overly impressed with this. It's pretty good, but not godhead. The Racs show at the Ryman in 2011 thrilled me thrice times thrice more than this does . . .

The vinyl or the radio audio rip?

The crowd at the front went nuts during this
show and I had the bruises to prove it - doesn't
quite come across on the audio though
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kaber wrote:

The vinyl or the radio audio rip?

The crowd at the front went nuts during this
show and I had the bruises to prove it - doesn't
quite come across on the audio though
The vinyl.............
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I agree, I listen to the other live releases much more. I was also there, and the other shows I saw on the Consolers tour were all much better than this one too, festival appearances excluded.
Last edited by Jamie on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I don't think you can compare being at a show to a record. There are not many better recordings out there.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I would agree that there are much better shows to listen to. The crowd may have been going crazy at this show, but there are others at which the band seemed to be going a bit more crazy and that definitely comes through in the recording. But I had to have this one for the sleeve. It and Broken Boy Soldier are my two favorite TMR releases in that regard.