Raconteurs "Now That You're Gone" Single

Stylophones to Rob Jones
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Raconteurs "Now That You're Gone" Single

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:06 am WHOA! This arrived today and I truly wasn't expecting anything special. But holy shit. From the first couple seconds of "Sunday Driver" I was absolutely in. What a stellar tune. This is the Jack White I've been waiting for the last ten years. Don't get me wrong, his work over the past decade certainly has merit and some of it has been exceptional. But THIS is what Jack White means to me. Catchy, cool grungy rock. I must've spun this song five or six times today. I can't get enough. I love it.

The other side, "Now That You're Gone" showcases exactly why I love Brendan Benson's input into the Raconteurs. What a fantastic tune. I spun this a few times as well. If these songs are any indication of the new album I'm gonna be totally blown away. And even if I'm not I have this single, which has quickly become one of my favorite items in my recent collection. I'll be spinning this several more times over the next few days, I'm sure.

Wow. Just great. Great, great, great.
I agree man. It was really refreshing to listen to the two new tracks and fall in love with new Jack White music again. The solo stuff hasn't done a whole lot for me, other than a few tracks across all 3 albums. These two songs are your classic Racs sound. I can't wait for the tour.