Collecting Buttons

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Re: Collecting Buttons

Post by hxcoliver »

rsimms3 wrote:I can't remember, it's all a blur these days. All I know is that when you see some buttons for sale, best snatch 'em up because 9 times out of 10 you'll never see them for sale again.
Yeah I've come to realize the hard way.

Speaking of, did you see that dead weather gun pin that just sold for like $46? Crazy
MWooten34
Little Cream Soda

Post by MWooten34 »

$46 for a pin? I assume that's not the norm?
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

[ebay]141169618887[/ebay]

I'll match this price if anyone's looking. ;)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Collecting Buttons

Post by Alabama Woody »

That gun pin is my favorite from TMR. Damn I sure would like that big vinyl magnet/button from SXSW. Never knew it existed. Very cool looking . They seem to have the best stuff at SXSW.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

I'm not sure how accurate this value is
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=183&ItemNo=26450

also, I'd potentially trade these two off if anyone had interest
not sure how old they are, they're definitely not new

orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

hxcoliver wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I can't remember where or when I found this dog... I think it was on clearance at a Victoria Secret or something. He ended up being where most of our buttons go. We've still got quite a few elsewhere, but most end up on the dog... appropriately, his name is buttons.
Haha this is funny!

Also, would you wanna get rid of one of those "I heart meg" buttons? I see quite a few on that dog
Sorry, no can do. The wife's name is Meg, therefore I have to keep every last one of them.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

My Jack White/ TMR related pin collection. I still have a lot of gaps. I am interested in buying the ones I miss. I do have a few duplicates too.

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Nice! I've got about 95% of what you have and a few others. You need to track down the penguin that goes with your UGWNL camera. Those were available in the TMR button machine, not sure if they still are or not.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

trickster wrote:My Jack White/ TMR related pin collection. I still have a lot of gaps. I am interested in buying the ones I miss. I do have a few duplicates too.
Those look great, Panos! Made me want to get out my buttons and pour over them.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Those look great, Panos! Made me want to get out my buttons and pour over them.
Thank you Ara :)
rsimms3 wrote:Nice! I've got about 95% of what you have and a few others. You need to track down the penguin that goes with your UGWNL camera. Those were available in the TMR button machine, not sure if they still are or not.
Yeah this is in my ISO list. Hopefully I ll get one.
Not too hard to find I guess. I just need the right timing (ie. a friend to visit the TMR store).
PS I hope the didnt put back in the machine the ones that Swank had in his mouth.

Speaking of ISO, here is what I am after. I have a few duplicates and I am interested in a trade with adult swirlers.
- Raconteurs silver pin set
- World's Fastest Record pin set
- Jerry Lee Lewis pin set
- Coco pin (and ticket stub)
- UGWNL pin
- TDW pins I miss (these include 2 full sealed pin sets and a few standalone ones from pin machine and other events)
- Karen Elson pin machine stand alone pins
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Didn't we talk about trading pins a while back? I have three extras you don't have - the single Consolers silver pin and two Karen pins from the button machine. Hit me up with your extras for trade or I can just price them out for you.

EDIT:
I also have this set which is now showing as out of stock on TMR.com

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
drummintodabeat
Little Acorn

Post by drummintodabeat »

I've had the button/pin itch lately. ;)

Let's see those button/pin collections...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Just purchased these off eBay....a couple of these I haven't seen previously.

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ooh, that one of the entrance of TMR is cool.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, that one and the one to the right of it I hadn't seen before. I'll sell/trade the others because I have them already.