The General Kit Kat Thread

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: The General Kit Kat Thread

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:...3 varieties of Jolt Cola ...
Ah, nostalgia. When I was in my early 20s, my breakfast of choice was a package of Hostess chocolate mini-donuts and a Jolt Cola. The original version. Yeeeeee-hahaaaaaaaa!!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I just found out that you can't buy Smarties in the US! Those are probably my favorite. They're like M&Ms but WAY better
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I much prefer M&Ms. Again this comes back to the inferior Nestle chocolate.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

higherlimits wrote:I just found out that you can't buy Smarties in the US! Those are probably my favorite. They're like M&Ms but WAY better
What's better than smarties you ask??......

cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

We have Smarties, but they're not made with any chocolate at all. They're basically sugar pills. Apparently they're called Rockets in Canada.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I'm not a big Chocolate fan so it comes down to Smarties having the better shell
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Milky Bar. Now there's some Nestle chocolate I would bathe in.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

higherlimits wrote:I'm not a big Chocolate fan so it comes down to Smarties having the better shell
The orange Smarties are yum
Never trust a hippy
TRWS75
Little Cream Soda

Post by TRWS75 »

orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I'm eating some pretzel M&Ms right now. I figured this would be the place, if any, to tell someone.
I wish they still made the crispy M&Ms, these pretzel ones are close, but not as awesome.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

Speaking of regional candy goods... I went back to Australia to visit my folks in January, and Cadbury has this new series of chocolate out called "Marvellous Creations". It's milk chocolate with exciting Wonka-like bits and pieces in it, like caramel or crushed cookies, etc. The packaging looks like old-fashioned circus signage.
One of the flavors is pop rocks & jelly beans. It's out of this world. I wasn't expecting much, because it sounds like some kids' birthday party gimmick, but it is so amazing. Engineers must have crafted this stuff. The timing of it is incredible. The chocolate has to melt before you get anywhere near the pop rocks, and when it finally does the exploding and popping comes out of nowhere, then you have to chew through the mini jelly beans to finish it, so it's like chocolate AND candy in one slow motion bite.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

They had those here too, I thought they were vile. Jelly beans and chocolate should never mix.
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

That's what I said before I tried it.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

When I was young my mother got free tickets to The Grand Ole Opry through her place of employment. I went a lot. They did the show in an old fashion routine, it was broadcast on the radio and in between acts they did live commercials. Goo Goo candy bars were in a lot of those commercials. They were only sold in the South and at Opryland they sold them by the case. People from up North would by coolers full of them. It was pretty neat. They are good too.

My favorite would be a Snickers candy bar. Second would be those little peanut butter flavored crunchy bars that come in a pack of like 10. 2 for a $1

I'm on a diet so this whole thread sucks.

What the hell is a curly wurly, for some reason I was picturing a cheese curl of sorts, it's a candy? Google here I come.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I'm diabetic so I don't eat candy.
I don't always eat candy, but when I do, it's a curly wurly.
I'm seriously thinking about ordering a curly wurly from a UK-US food supplier. I need to try this. Thanks HelloSmith for the Tip!