The General Kit Kat Thread

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: The General Kit Kat Thread

Post by dmdv1 »

Roll up Roll up. Buy your favourite UK confectionary from areal life Brit in Nashville over Halloween! Cor blimey guvnor!
Never trust a hippy
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Dave, I think we've figured out what you can be for Halloween...

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

last time i went into this place in austin, they had some of those hurdy gurdy curly wurlies.
http://bigtopcandyshop.tumblr.com
all of you incoming sxsw people, check this place out.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Hahaha! Yessss!!
Never trust a hippy
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I don't really like Kit Kats. My US friends beg me to bring them over when I go there because ours are apparently way nicer than yours. I wouldn't know personally.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Jamie wrote:I don't really like Kit Kats. My US friends beg me to bring them over when I go there because ours are apparently way nicer than yours. I wouldn't know personally.
Nestlé chocolate sucks compared to Cadburys
Never trust a hippy
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

That's what I keep telling them, I also take a ton of Galaxy Caramels. I'm trying to convince them of the wonder of Jaffa Cakes, I've sold one of them on Wine Gums.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This thread is giving me cravings. That's not good.

Speaking of Cadbury... Easter's over, right?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Jamie wrote:That's what I keep telling them, I also take a ton of Galaxy Caramels. I'm trying to convince them of the wonder of Jaffa Cakes, I've sold one of them on Wine Gums.
I also got Elduderino hooked on Fruit Pastilles
Never trust a hippy
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ooooh, I used to love those when I was a kid ^^ Also the anise candy that came in a similar tin.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Not sure if they have online ordering available, but if you're in the Cincy area, this is THE place for International goodies:
http://www.junglejims.com/

My wife and I- being the global-minded pseudo-nuevo-granolas we are- always gave our kids' international Easter baskets with candies from around the world, forever. All purchased from the linked location.

Curly Wurlys are just the beginning.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mojoryan wrote:Not sure if they have online ordering available, but if you're in the Cincy area, this is THE place for International goodies:

My wife and I- being the global-minded pseudo-nuevo-granolas we are- always gave our kids' international Easter baskets with candies from around the world, forever. All purchased from the linked location.

+1 on Jungle Jim's. A whole corner of the store is dedicated just to hot sauce. The Eastgate location also has 3 varieties of Jolt Cola along with an unrivaled selection of Pez dispensers.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rsimms3 wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Not sure if they have online ordering available, but if you're in the Cincy area, this is THE place for International goodies:

+1 on Jungle Jim's. A whole corner of the store is dedicated just to hot sauce. The Eastgate location also has 3 varieties of Jolt Cola along with an unrivaled selection of Pez dispensers.
You're in the Cincy area? :shock:

I haven't been to the Eastgate location yet, but along with the international candies available, the original location has a ginormous selection of American candies as well. Including a respectable Pez assortment.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Since the sad, sorry demise of the mighty Mars Delight candy bar, I really don't care about any candy bars. If I'm desperate, I'll settle for a UK Mars.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mojoryan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

You're in the Cincy area? :shock:

I haven't been to the Eastgate location yet, but along with the international candies available, the original location has a ginormous selection of American candies as well. Including a respectable Pez assortment.
No, in May we took a short vacation that included Jungle Jim's and the zoo on the way down to Pidgeon Forge and then Nashville. The Eastgate location is much better than the original location. New building, more space, better lay out, more soda, and more Pez. Love me some blue cream Frostie Soda!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom