Bogen K130 Tube Amp (ATTENTION GRIM)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Bogen K130 Tube Amp (ATTENTION GRIM)

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This amp looked horrible when I found it. Looked like it'd been kept in a garage for decades. Took forever just to get it as clean as you see here. I still have to clean it further. It really just looked like a piece of junk stuffed in the corner of the building. I only noticed it because I go in there all the time. Couldn't believe the price.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Sorry, just now seeing this.
It is what others were saying and old PA amp. Very nice for $12. That one 12AX7 might be worth that :-)
Yeah some of those tubes are gone. If you want to ship it to me, I'll fix it up for you and ship it back for free.
I can test all the tubes for you on my TV-7D/U.
I've got all the tubes in it spare by the dozens and there isn't anything about it I couldn't fix in an hour or three unless for some reason the transformers are bad and even with that I likely have something that would work.

One guy is right about AudioKarma. I'm on there as much as I'm on swirl and have been for a long time.
I have a different user name on there so if you come over, ping me and let me know what your handle is.

Grim
I am everything you hate...
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

honestly these little unique off brand tube amps are the way to go as far as I'm concerned if you're interested in owning a quality vintage amp at a fair price. so I'm assuming you're going to be very happy. plus they all tend to have some sort of unique nature to their sound. my klemt sounds somewhat like an AC30 considering the el84s in it, but it also has a definite sound of its own.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

See? Swirl is the best, man. Thanks for the offer, Grim! I think I'll take you up on it just so when I have my setup I can say you played a part in it. You're a legend in my own mind, pal. haha

I'll check out shipping prices and get with you privately about the details. I took another look at this amp just sitting there this morning and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I know this thing is the key to me finally finding my own sound, I already have the speakers for it and everything (found those a while back).

And when it's all said and done I'll come back here and play a song for everybody. :D

Thanks again, guys.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Whatever you do, pull the tubes out and wrap them up separately from them amp, maybe a different box.
mark
I am everything you hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I looked into shipping and unfortunately for the price it would take to get it to you and back I could almost buy another one. I really appreciate the offer though, man. You really are the best!

I may have to do what I've been dreading... Put together a list of records I can live without and sell them off to finance a new system. I've got some thinking to do.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I looked into shipping and unfortunately for the price it would take to get it to you and back I could almost buy another one. .
I don't know, $6 shipping each way doesn't sound SO unreasonable.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

JonnyH wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I looked into shipping and unfortunately for the price it would take to get it to you and back I could almost buy another one. .
???? You can ship a 25 pound amp for $6? Where, man?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
???? You can ship a 25 pound amp for $6? Where, man?
I was just making a joke about the price you paid for it. :D

Though, would it fit in a USPS priority or express flat rate box?
Last edited by JonnyH on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Post by cheeseprocedure »

I havent used the flat rate boxes at usps but would it fit in one of those? Sweet find BTW!
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Post by cheeseprocedure »

Also check with Grim before doing this, but if you are already removing the tubes... you might be able to save weight and size by shipping it without the top metal cover... if you pack it really good. ;)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

JonnyH wrote:I was just making a joke about the price you paid for it. :D
HAHAHAHA! OK I get it, hotshot. :lol:
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

cheeseprocedure wrote:Also check with Grim before doing this, but if you are already removing the tubes... you might be able to save weight and size by shipping it without the top metal cover... if you pack it really good. ;)
Not a bad idea at all. I'll bet it would even fit inside a flat rate shipping box. Let me look into it.
pei_senn
Little Bird

Post by pei_senn »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Changed the subject title to the proverbial Bat Signal. haha Thanks, man.
the tubes with white spot are bad ones