i'm bored & it's hot as fuck

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

i'm bored & it's hot as fuck

Post by harvestgirl »

i am sitting in front of a fan, debating going to bed to watch ~ benjamin button.

what are you doing?
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: i'm bored & it's hot as fuck

Post by 7th_son »

It is hot as fuck here too (yes, the snow melts in canada) and I just watched Zach and Miri. Not the greatest. :lol:
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Sitting outside smoking a cigarette in the garage bored as hell it is hit as fuck here too as you so eloquently put it. I am thinking about whether or not to buy a house that was offered to me at a great price or build a new one. The house is a steal with an great in ground pool, on one hand it would be great for the kids on another hand it would be a ton of work and upkeep for me. Any thoughts?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

My parents have a pool and the biggest jobs are closing it up in the winter and opening it up in the spring, not such a big deal. You do have to constantly monitor the chlorine and pH levels though, but basically you just chuck chemicals in it every few days. Soon one of your boys will be old enough and you can delegate. How's the real estate market in KY?
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

i think an in-gorund would be great, be prepared for a bit of work & defo. put a gate or something around it. or swim lessons for all! ~ lol.

still hot, still in same spot.. ugh up-stairs is even hotter & there i have sweaty bodies to contend with.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

It is really down not as bad as most places but definitely down. To give you an idea the house is 3000 square feet has four five bedrooms and study. It has a really nice in ground pool, a two car attached garage, a brand new detached two car garage fully finished with central heat and air. About 20 grand worth of landscaping, it is 10 years old immaculate on the inside plus it sits on a really nice flat lot that is about three acres of really nice grass. I know the cost of living here is cheap but you get all of this for 175K. The location is great too best school district in town, lots of privacy, far enough out to not be in town but only about five minutes to get to town. It is hard to pass up, the only things that concern me are the pool and the fact that I would be happier if I built a one level myself. There is an Amish community nearby and you pay them 12 dollars an hour to build you a really nice home. I have seen their work and it is extremely nice and affordable. I keep going back and forth on what to do.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Holy fucking shit I am moving to Kentucky. I know it's all relative, but that sounds pretty great Kev. I don't know if the Amish would agree with central air though. You should ask. :lol:
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Here's what you can get here instead:

http://homes.point2.com/CA/Nova-Scotia/ ... hotos.aspx

Yes, that well grants real wishes!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

7th_son wrote:Holy fucking shit I am moving to Kentucky. I know it's all relative, but that sounds pretty great Kev. I don't know if the Amish would agree with central air though. You should ask. :lol:
Yeah housing is cheap here it is a small town and a pretty poor community. Bigger towns in Kentucky of course command more money for houses. I would guess the median housing in my are is like 80k. There are just not many jobs here, it is basically the company I work for, the hospital or the coal mines. Not many other good paying gigs in town. I am really torn on what to do I took my father with me today to look at the house. It is a coin toss either deal with the lains of house construction or buy something that is not exactly what I want but is priced really well. One other factor is the house is owned by someone in my wife's family and that is never ideal buying anything like a house from family. Good thing is they are in no hurry so I have time to think about it. Another attractive part of building is me and my dad could do quite a bit of the work ourselves and I have a ton of friends who could do Sheetrock, electrcial and some of the other stuff I do want to do myself. It would be a headache to be the general contractor on the house but it would be really cost effective.

About the Amish, they are hippocrites like the rest of the world. If you provide them witha generator and power tools on the worksite they will use them. They just will not bring their own.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Shit , 175!?!??! I just paid 180k for a 900sqft two bedroom one bathroom condo... I'm moving out of Canada, it's too expensive here...
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

we are looking @ buying a 22 ac farm w/ farmhouse & barn for $150k.

COME TO PA EVERYONE!!! ;)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Land around Edmonton and Calgary sells for about 100k per acre... 22 acres = 2.2 million...
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

higherlimits wrote:Land around Edmonton and Calgary sells for about 100k per acre... 22 acres = 2.2 million...

That is unreal
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

insane!