Jon Smith prints (tribute to Rob Jones)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
trickster
Greek Mod

Jon Smith prints (tribute to Rob Jones)

Post by trickster »

http://omgposters.com/2009/08/04/new-ar ... jon-smith/
Jon Smith is back from under his rock to release two awesome new prints. They are both tributes to Rob Jones. The first is his print for Screens n Spokes. It’s an 18″ x 18″ screenprint with an edition of 50 (though he only has 25 to sell). The second is a new art print called “Protocol Zomboid”. It’s an 18″ x 24″ screenprint with an edition of 48. For a limited time, you can get BOTH prints for only $30. At that price, I can’t imagine these will be around long. Visit Jon’s Etsy Shop. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=28792549
Image Image

http://jonjonsmith.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... tern-here/
And bringing us up to the present we have my brand new Screen ‘N’ Spokes print 2009 which is in the style of a Rob Jones Raconteurs poster. Not that all of Rob’s posters for said band are in this style but most of them are, and in my opinion the best ones are.
JS_Homage_Jones

This one from a design standpoint came out of left field. I was working up various concepts for a Decemberists poster I was working on a couple months ago, trying different things because they reject a small handful before approving anything, this bike was created in that vein. And it was collaged out of the same kind of source material that Rob does for the Raconteurs posters I’m referencing so I figured if the design is going that way I might as well just go all the way and make it a straight up Rob Jones homage and try and nail the style as close as possible.

At the same time I also had the Screens ‘N’ Spokes deadline coming up so it worked out. I didn’t want to just crap out a halftone image of a vintage bike over some floral pattern and cal it a day….not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Anyway, this print will be available soon.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Jon Smih prints (tribute to Rob Jones)

Post by 7th_son »

Pretty nice job. Wonder what the tributee thinks about it.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Re: Jon Smith prints (tribute to Rob Jones)

Post by Tonic&Gin »

I like the first one, I'm not sure about the second.

A very good job none the less.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

When I saw these on OMG posters, my first thought was that they were Rob's work. He did a damn fine job with them.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I thought they turned out really nice and 30 dollars for two posters is a pretty damn good deal.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

That may be the first ever Star Wars related poster I don't like.

His shipping is weird too, $12 to Canada, Mexico, Australia or Germany, and $20 to the UK? How does that work?