Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Re: I Like To Flash People: Digital Photography

Post by billstickers33 »

Tonic&Gin wrote:
billstickers33 wrote:
Tonic&Gin wrote:
billstickers33 wrote: yeah, the instagram filters aren't photography, sorry, don't use those anymore and try your hand at actual photogtaphy (shutter, aperature, film speed etc) and you'll find yourself believing it when you tell people.
Awwww "actual photography". How cute. Just because people don't use advanced settings and opt to go with "instagram filters" doesn't mean it's not photography.

Some people (myself included) just want to have fun while taking photos.
They aren't advanced settings... they are actual settings... lowering photography standards for people who claim they are photographers is a pisser. You being an awesome cool trendy "artist" should know better than to lower yours with a tosser comment like that.
And what are even photography standards and who do they apply to? I don't see many people claiming to be photographers in this thread. Heck, even I don't! KD is a hobbyist and as such I don't believe she has to comply to any "standards".

then the name of this thread should change then. They should call it "buy an expensive camera, put it on auto, throw instagram filters and show off how good it is on facebook"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I don't think the title nor any of our posts suggest that any of us are "professionals". I named it this to separate it from the film photography thread. Thought the flash part would add a bit of humour to it. I just enjoy taking photos for the fun of it, don't consider myself a pro by any means but I'd love to learn more.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

Did you even read the first post? Stop being such a buzz-kill.
arewhyehen wrote:Just a place for anyone to share some cool shots. For those with a passion and enjoy photography as a hobby. This thread is for digital only
Edit: ^thanks arewhyhen. Also instead of being a Negative Nancy, why don't you offer some advice or constructive feedback?
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

well that was a bummer and a half.
Kali, I would frame that shot of the fungus and hang it in my house and I'm not just saying that to lighten the mood, I don't care if you took it with a scratchy pencil.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Who wants to teach me how to use Instagram settings on my camera? :lol:
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

Getting back to the thread, some shots from the Nobunny concert last night!

I don't like using the flash at concerts. Plus it's a bitch to use mine. Win/win.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Looks like an interesting show. haha
Is he not wearing pants??

Cool shots though!!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

arewhyehen wrote:Looks like an interesting show. haha

Cool shots though!!
It's Nobunny, he never wears pants. :)
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

orangeshoeskid wrote:

Cool shots though!!
So its nobunny, but he wears a bunny on his head and instead wears no pants? :lol:

Pretty cool shots. I really wish that I was able to bring my SLR into more shows...back in the day before I had it I used to attend a ton of smaller venues that I probably could have, but I rarely get to small shows anymore.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

arewhyehen wrote: Pretty cool shots. I really wish that I was able to bring my SLR into more shows...back in the day before I had it I used to attend a ton of smaller venues that I probably could have, but I rarely get to small shows anymore.
This. I was so worried about them taking the camera away. Then when I realised it was in a pub I knew I would be in the clear! :lol:

So many people end up taking shitty iphone pics anyway, why not let people take good shots on a good quality camera?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Tonic&Gin wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: Pretty cool shots. I really wish that I was able to bring my SLR into more shows...back in the day before I had it I used to attend a ton of smaller venues that I probably could have, but I rarely get to small shows anymore.
This. I was so worried about them taking the camera away. Then when I realised it was in a pub I knew I would be in the clear! :lol:

So many people end up taking shitty iphone pics anyway, why not let people take good shots on a good quality camera?
my thoughts exactly. There are always so many photographers up at the front of the stage taking photos at many of the shows and you NEVER see those photos anywhere for the public...

So glad when they announced what they were doing for Jacks tour..
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

arewhyehen wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:

Cool shots though!!
So its nobunny, but he wears a bunny on his head and instead wears no pants? :lol:
Similar. Usually it's a ratty, and smelly bunny mask, with a leather jacket, fishnet stockings, high heels, and some underwear. Usually he takes of a layer or two of underwear throughout the night until there isn't much left.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

It could have just been me, but I swear I could smell that mask from a few meters away.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I took some photos at the Sound City Players gig in London.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamie_iii/ ... 813846727/
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:I took some photos at the Sound City Players gig in London.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamie_iii/ ... 813846727/
Amazing dude. What a show that would have been. Are they doing a tour or what is this show for?