I shoot real film (Analog Photography hobby thread)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: I shoot real film (Analog Photography hobby thread)

Post by chaptertwentyone »

This afternoon a film was brought up in conversation about the photography of Bob Gruen.
Now, while I couldn't put a face to the name I knew I had seen his work all over the place.
This guy was there for the John & Yoko years, the CBGB days and still to this day shoots almost every night.
It's a bit overwhelming just how prominent this man has been in the scenes I've come to love so dearly.
He's shot everyone from John Lennon, Joe Strummer, Johnny Rotten, Tina Turner, Bob Dylan to The White Stripes.
To anyone who has an interest in photography or in the Rock and Roll culture in general give this movie a watch.

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

I got one of these in the post this morning with the idea of building it as a weekend project:

Cannot believe how cheap it is. The quality of the sample photos I've seen online is unreal. Hoping to take it out tomorrow and give it a spin.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

chanticleer wrote:I got one of these in the post this morning with the idea of building it as a weekend project:

Cannot believe how cheap it is. The quality of the sample photos I've seen online is unreal. Hoping to take it out tomorrow and give it a spin.
What is that?
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Is there anybody here who has a Diana (possibly the Meg version) who would be interested in a 35mm back? Let me know. I have one I never use
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

chanticleer wrote:I got one of these in the post this morning with the idea of building it as a weekend project:

I bought one ages a go , fun to put together and I've got some great shots with it.
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

if anyone is interested in a really awesome instant camera, check out this lomography kickstarter, only 3 days to go. the easy double exposures sold me but overall it looks like a pretty fun camera and the instax film is pretty easy to get.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lo ... ant-camera
skatevinyl
Little Bird

Post by skatevinyl »

Been needing to get back into film for a while now..digital is all I currently shoot but have probably 5-6 film camera laying around. It's been so long that I'm pretty sure I'll need to learn how to develop again. Actually picked up a polaroid "land camera" at a garage sale for 5$ a few weeks back in working condition and trying to find inexpensive film for it is pretty much near impossible.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

hsp88 wrote:if anyone is interested in a really awesome instant camera, check out this lomography kickstarter, only 3 days to go. the easy double exposures sold me but overall it looks like a pretty fun camera and the instax film is pretty easy to get.

Thanks for sharing! We grabbed one too!
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

skatevinyl wrote:Been needing to get back into film for a while now..digital is all I currently shoot but have probably 5-6 film camera laying around. It's been so long that I'm pretty sure I'll need to learn how to develop again. Actually picked up a polaroid "land camera" at a garage sale for 5$ a few weeks back in working condition and trying to find inexpensive film for it is pretty much near impossible.
which land camera did you find? if its sx 70 or 600 film impossible project is the place to go
https://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

curseofhalos wrote:
hsp88 wrote:if anyone is interested in a really awesome instant camera, check out this lomography kickstarter, only 3 days to go. the easy double exposures sold me but overall it looks like a pretty fun camera and the instax film is pretty easy to get.

Thanks for sharing! We grabbed one too!
I am going to take a look at this after work when I have more time. It looks pretty cool. Might have to grab one too
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote:I am going to take a look at this after work when I have more time. It looks pretty cool. Might have to grab one too
Two of the early bird options disappeared before my very eyes this morning. Better hop to it Ryan.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I am going to take a look at this after work when I have more time. It looks pretty cool. Might have to grab one too
Two of the early bird options disappeared before my very eyes this morning. Better hop to it Ryan.
Ugh, ya I know. I am at work right now (and shouldn't even be on here) so I don't have time to even look at the options. I might just choose one of the early bird options right now to save it and then read later and change it i feel I need to.

What one did you all go with??
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Early Bids have all been gone for some time (from the looks of it.) One may pop up here and there and some one cancels an order though.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

arewhyehen wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:
Ugh, ya I know. I am at work right now (and shouldn't even be on here) so I don't have time to even look at the options. I might just choose one of the early bird options right now to save it and then read later and change it i feel I need to.

What one did you all go with??
We went with the $129 kickstarter edition.