I shoot real film (Analog Photography hobby thread)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: I shoot real film (Analog Photography hobby thread)

Post by arewhyehen »

hsp88 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
hsp88 wrote:If you happen to be in New York, specifically Long Beach any time in the month of May, come by Gentle Brew Coffee. I'm showing my instant photography all month.

Very cool. I am pretty far away from there, but would be interested in checking some out if you have a gallery online somewhere
thanks! Ya i have a few places i post most of my instant photos, my Instagram and flickr. also i created a store to sell some of the prints i made for the show, these are most of the photos i selected for the show with just a few missing.
http://www.hportnofphoto.com
http://www.instagram.com/hportnofphoto
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hportnof/

Awesome. I will check these out when I am on my laptop this afternoon.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Need some original photography for your record room? taken from my original polaroid.

http://hportnofphoto.storenvy.com/produ ... h-fidelity

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I finally got around to checking out some of your sites. Does that girl in the bikini know you were taking photos of her butt? haha

Great photos. You've got a great eye. I am now following you on Instagram...looking forward to some new photos.

I almost bought one of those Impossible kits with the cameras and film and flash for my girlfriend awhile back. What are your thoughts on those things? She loves polaroid cameras. The year I was looking at them for her for Christmas, her mom went out and got her a shitty one and I was like oh great, if I get her one now, I will look like a dick for showing up her mom. Maybe enough time has passed now..lol

It may have actually been you who I was talking to about that...and then last minute it got to be too much money with everyone and I had already spent a lot and then her mom got that. Your website just got me interested in them again though..
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

arewhyehen wrote:I finally got around to checking out some of your sites. Does that girl in the bikini know you were taking photos of her butt? haha

Great photos. You've got a great eye. I am now following you on Instagram...looking forward to some new photos.

I almost bought one of those Impossible kits with the cameras and film and flash for my girlfriend awhile back. What are your thoughts on those things? She loves polaroid cameras. The year I was looking at them for her for Christmas, her mom went out and got her a shitty one and I was like oh great, if I get her one now, I will look like a dick for showing up her mom. Maybe enough time has passed now..lol

It may have actually been you who I was talking to about that...and then last minute it got to be too much money with everyone and I had already spent a lot and then her mom got that. Your website just got me interested in them again though..
thanks! hah she might know, maybe not. I think the kits are cool but you can get the same cameras on ebay for a lot less, just look for ones that are tested. then use the money you save for the film. we probably did talk about this but its all good. i love polaroids and impossible is making some great film now.
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

arewhyehen wrote:I finally got around to checking out some of your sites. Does that girl in the bikini know you were taking photos of her butt? haha

Yeah, forget the kits as hsp88 already said, go to ebay or any flea market where they sell cameras and get an used but tested SX70 or a P600. Impossible film is expensive enough to add on top a restored polaroid from them. I got my reskinned SX70 in a market for £99, whether in the impossible shop it would have been £268. That's almost 9 packages of film I could buy with the difference.
This machine steals souls.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Awesome. Her birthday is in a few months, so maybe I will start looking into this for her again. Thanks for the input, you two.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Crazy coincidence with Third Man's announcement today. I finally got my hands on some film for my Polaroid land camera a few days ago. Took some time getting the hang of the settings without manual aperture or shutter settings, but I think I finally found my footing. I have some more film on the way, color this time. I've been shooting with 35mm film for a while, using my Pentax K-1000 and View Master cameras. But I've always been fascinated by instant photography. Exciting stuff.

Here are my shots from today:

La Creme Coffee House

My Daughter and Her Coke
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Ive been shooting impossible project since 2009, I'm a "pioneer" of the company. I'm so stoked to finally see third man collaborating with them, its been a long time coming and i always knew and felt they should do something together, I'm pretty sure we've occasionally discussed it within this thread. Ive had the pleasure of shooting experimental versions of the black and yellow duo chrome they are releasing together and it is really wild awesome film. get a 600 camera people your gonna wanna have fun with this stuff.
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 10.32.20 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I haven't read through this whole thread, but the posts here on the last page make it seem like this is the place for conversation about Polaroid shooting. After reading this article about DC photographer Chris Earnshaw over the weekend, I think I may need to take the plunge (warning: It's very long, but also very fascinating) -- https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... /earnshaw/

So what advice do you all have for a Polaroid beginner? Any guidelines as to what it costs to get get into this?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

I took these a while back but forgot to share on here. This is LJ at his Rumba Shaker gig in Austin a few months back.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

MichaelRox wrote:Image

I took these a while back but forgot to share on here. This is LJ at his Rumba Shaker gig in Austin a few months back.
How did I miss this post?
Beautiful shots.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Absolute novice here.
Looking to get some Kodachrome 64 film developed.
Any tips, places to send it out to, etc?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Got some test film for my Spectra AF Polaroid camera in the mail this morning before me and my family went to Nashville. All in all, not bad. I need to adjust the camera settings so the brightest parts of images don't wash out. Here's what I got.

Me and my daughter. :)

My wife and our daughter.