The thread to post about what went right today

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

The thread to post about what went right today

Post by kevron6 »

Saw this topic on GP and thought it was a pretty good topic so I thought I would start it here:

Well I found out today that my underground fence that I installed for my dogs has a broken line today and I cannot find it so I will have to install a new line which requires about eight hours of work for me. On the way back from the store my wife called and said she really needed me home so even though I knew I was extremely low on gas I tried to make it home. As luck would have it I ran out of gas and to top it off I left my cell phone on the counter at home. Needless to say I had to walk to a house in really hot humid weather to borrow a phone to call someone to pick me up. When I finally got the car gassed back up and made it home I found that my oldest son's new bike that I bought him had a problem with the brake calipers and would have to be returned to the store for repair. After that I got his dirtbike out for him to find the back tire was flat because it had a nail on the tire and will also have to be repaired. I got in my car once again with tire in hand to get it repaired and now my Ipod will not play music through the stereo on my car or headphones. I went to the store got the dirtbike tire repaired came back home, had dinner with family and took a shower. After that I sat down in the glider to feed my week old son a bottle he was very happy, alert and fell asleep right after finishing the bottle. These few mintutes I got to spend with my newbron son quickly put things back into perspective for me and made me realize how fortunate I am and made me forget all the things that went wrong today.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: The thread to post about what went right today

Post by harvestgirl »

your last sentence says it all ♥
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Regarding the test the universe was putting you through on this day...I'd say you passed 8-)
Thanks for sharing this.
cheers,
Laurie
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

:| :) :D :mrgreen:
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I've thought about Kevin's first post here a lot lately, and I'm in a vacation kinda mood so here it is.

9 weeks into summer vacation and the boys - 7 & 9 - are done with each other. They've been at each other's throat since we headed out for vacation Friday. After grabbing a few more crabs off the poles, and piling on the Old Bay, we're finally settling in to dinner and I'm bracing for another meltdown because the boys have going since sunrise and are (again) eating dinner at 9 p.m - this time a meal they have to pick out of crustaceans. But as I return to the porch with one more spoon/fork/napkin/mallet, the fellas are all smiles, elbow deep in shrimp and maryland blues, pumping their fists in the air to Seven Nation Army.

Another amazing day on the river.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Sounds like a perfect day makes me miss Charleston and the inlet waterways. Hope the storm passes over soon, they always do.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Yes, the winds have subsided - sea still rough. But as you know, water's unpredictability is what makes it so seductive.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org