Storing Posters without Frames??

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
littleredbutton247
Little Bird

Storing Posters without Frames??

Post by littleredbutton247 »

Hey, I have a bunch of posters that I'm too lazy/poor to frame right now, so I was wondering if anyone had an tips about storing them...I remember reading some advice on the LR a while back (maybe something about mylar sleeves...?), but now that searching is gone on there I can't find it. I'd be looking for something compact and inexpensive. All of the posters I am looking to store have already been flattened. I'd greatly appreciate any help!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Storing Posters without Frames??

Post by kevron6 »

littleredbutton247 wrote:Hey, I have a bunch of posters that I'm too lazy/poor to frame right now, so I was wondering if anyone had an tips about storing them...I remember reading some advice on the LR a while back (maybe something about mylar sleeves...?), but now that searching is gone on there I can't find it. I'd be looking for something compact and inexpensive. All of the posters I am looking to store have already been flattened. I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Yeah Mylar Sleeves are the way to go if you want to store your posters. Try bags unlimited on the web there is another website that I like but cannot remember the it is something like metro associates or something like that. I will look itup when I have time.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Please do that Kevin
I cannot frame my posters and I have them stored in a cardboard paper bag for designs which is a good solution but I am looking for a more pro one
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I have most of my prints stored flat as my poster addiction way outstrips my capacity to afford framing them (and indeed wallspace).
I use Bags unlimited mylar sleeves (24 x 36 work for most prints) and their 0.04 acid free inserts (when you order a particular size sleeve the right size boards to fit inside pop up), with their 13/8" mylar mounting corners - so I mount one print on either side of the board with 4 corner mounts, then slide the board into a mylar sleeve.
Its protected, easy to handle and store in a flat file, and easy to view and admire 2 prints.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.