Where can I buy replacement stylus (needle) for my turntable

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
3quid
Little Acorn

Where can I buy replacement stylus (needle) for my turntable

Post by 3quid »

So I just cracked open my turntable for the first time since I moved and I found that the movers had broken the stylus. I have a Sony PS-LX250H turntable and was wondering what the best place to find a new stylus would be. Would I be able to find something like this in perhaps a local store, or will it be something I have to track down online?
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Where can I buy replacement stylus (needle) for my turntable

Post by 7th_son »

I most recently bought an Audio Technica replacement stylus at my local "The Source". I didn't look very hard elsewhere, just want one right away. :)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I haven't bought one in a yer or so but there is a website that has everything.. Needledoctor or recorddoctor I believe.. I also have an extra stylus from my old record player that I can't use (unused) that I could sell you...
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I just went ahead and bought one off ebay. We'll so how that turns out.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Did you make sure it was the right type? there are a bazillion different ones..
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

It said it fit the my model turntable. Other than that, what else should I be concerned with?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

:D
3quid wrote:It said it fit the my model turntable. Other than that, what else should I be concerned with?
The global financial crisis, contracting a anitbiotic resistant form of MSRA, possibly being laid off from your job, all the signs that point to the fact that the apocalypse is upon us, and the Mayan calendar runs out in 2012. That is all I really worry about these days although I must admit that I spend quite a bit of time wondering when the McRib will be back at my local McDonald's.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

So I got my stylus today and have it set up. I've never really had my turn table set up properly for audio before with proper speakers (and perhaps i still don't), but I have my stereo cranked all the way up but the sound doesn't really get loud. Is this normal, or might I be doing something wrong?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

3quid wrote:So I got my stylus today and have it set up. I've never really had my turn table set up properly for audio before with proper speakers (and perhaps i still don't), but I have my stereo cranked all the way up but the sound doesn't really get loud. Is this normal, or might I be doing something wrong?
Matt;

Check your amp is set up for Phono, Turntables have a lower output than other components, and if there is not a designated input with a built in pre amp you will not get a strong enough signal.

If it doesn't you can buy a phono - pre amp for anything from $20 - $200.

BTW Meg payment on its way
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.