NASCAR

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Re: NASCAR

Post by littleacorn »

I just tweeted that for my race prediction. I like Tony and really hope he can get it done tonight but all the folks will come outta the wood works to cry afoul.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:I just tweeted that for my race prediction. I like Tony and really hope he can get it done tonight but all the folks will come outta the wood works to cry afoul.
Yes, it sure would work well for nascar to have a story like that. Things like Jeff wrecking bowyer purposely a few years back in Phoenix and then racing bowyer to beat him the next race in Miami when it was also the 20th anniversary of his DuPont sponsorship.

Or Jeff winning the brickyard this year when it was the 20th anniversary of his first win at brickyard ( also the first race there ever). It was also declared Jeff Gordon day earlier that week and he won on that day.

Or even the Kansas win when it was the anniversary of Jeff's first win and they had a special induction ceremony for Jeff into the hall of fame and he goes on to win that week in Kansas.

I could go on...haha

So yes, tony winning today would be a great story for nascar.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Yes numerology seems to play a big part in NASCAR.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

anybody going to Chicagoland this weekend?
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

littleacorn wrote:anybody going to Chicagoland this weekend?
Not this year. I've been twice since they moved it to Sept and got rained out both times.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

cigarman44 wrote:
littleacorn wrote:anybody going to Chicagoland this weekend?
Not this year. I've been twice since they moved it to Sept and got rained out both times.
Ya rain has been an issue. I live only an hour away from the track so rain don't mess up our plans a whole lot. I just got home from the track after the truck race was rained out.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

Favorite part of yesterday's race. Made up for the money I lost at Harrah's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cigarman44 wrote:Favorite part of yesterday's race. Made up for the money I lost at Harrah's.
AHAHAAH!!!!

My friend and I both gave each other a huge high five when this happened!!

I have been to 6 races and Johnson has only won once.. That was the ONLY time I went to a race without my friend Darin. The other 5 races, I went with him, we have a streak going that Johnson has spun, crashed or had mechanical problems to put him out of the race...gotta love it!

What a ton of problems for all the chase drivers yesterday.. Too bad for Jr.... I enjoyed seeing BK and Johnson out of it though...still pissed that Jamie McMurray got into Gordon and got him into the wall.. Makes it tough to have to pit and come from the back all race..
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

arewhyehen wrote:
What the hell..
I have a feeling Kurt might take an unscheduled trip to Mexico and never return.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

This is the craziest thing to ever happen to a popular driver in a long time. I really want to believe him but he's fighting an uphill battle with his past attitude issues.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

well, I am not too pleased with Ticketmaster at the moment...

tickets went on sale for the NASCAR Fan Appreciation Day at the end of the month. There were 7 or 8 different sessions with different drivers...tickets were free but very limited.

I grabbed 2 tickets for Session 4, with Dale Jr.

Had them in my cart on my phone app and it wouldn't let me check out. When I picked a delivery option, it deleted my credit card. When I put my credit card back in, it deleted the delivery option. I even said print at home (which i hate) so that I could just get a PDF and be done with it....but nothing worked. Even deleted my credit card stuff and put it in as a fresh card...still nothing...

so my cart ran out and I lost the tickets....

I emailed ticketmaster customer support with a photo of them in my cart...but expect nothing...what a joke..

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

That sucks
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000