NASCAR

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Re: NASCAR

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Hey Ryan you going to Michigan? They're going to play Oh Canada for ya :D
I haven't been around here much lately..a lot going on. Decided to come check it out and see what's going on. Haha. Glad I did. I sure am going down this weekend. They usually play Oh Canada I think and also fly the canadian flag. Half the people there are from canada. The border is a mess after the races. It's the last time I will see Jeff Gordon. I actually won tickets for the Sprint Cup race, the Truck race, camping for the whole weekend and pit passes for all weekend. Pretty excited. I just got back from Indy a few weeks ago. That race was ok...sucks about Jeff. They are running the same aero package this weekend as indy. Hope Jeff has better luck this race. I saw him win here one year ago. Would love to see him win his last race here and have it be my last race to see him.
Ya that would be awesome! I will be there too. I haven't been in about 10 years. I'm going up there to see some family I haven't seen since that last race we all went to which had been a tradition for me from the time I was 5. Really interested how the high drag package pans out at Michigan. I'm thinking it works a bit better since it is such a high banked, fast track.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Hey Ryan you going to Michigan? They're going to play Oh Canada for ya :D
I haven't been around here much lately..a lot going on. Decided to come check it out and see what's going on. Haha. Glad I did. I sure am going down this weekend. They usually play Oh Canada I think and also fly the canadian flag. Half the people there are from canada. The border is a mess after the races. It's the last time I will see Jeff Gordon. I actually won tickets for the Sprint Cup race, the Truck race, camping for the whole weekend and pit passes for all weekend. Pretty excited. I just got back from Indy a few weeks ago. That race was ok...sucks about Jeff. They are running the same aero package this weekend as indy. Hope Jeff has better luck this race. I saw him win here one year ago. Would love to see him win his last race here and have it be my last race to see him.
Ya that would be awesome! I will be there too. I haven't been in about 10 years. I'm going up there to see some family I haven't seen since that last race we all went to which had been a tradition for me from the time I was 5. Really interested how the high drag package pans out at Michigan. I'm thinking it works a bit better since it is such a high banked, fast track.
Nice! Let me know when you're here and we can meet up. Shoot me a PM. Where are you sitting? I have two spare tickets for both races.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I don't have my ticket yet I'm meeting my family who live close to Kalmazoo and they have my ticket. I'll shoot you a pm when I get to the track Sunday. Jeff has his work cut out for him after qualifying.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:I don't have my ticket yet I'm meeting my family who live close to Kalmazoo and they have my ticket. I'll shoot you a pm when I get to the track Sunday. Jeff has his work cut out for him after qualifying.

Yeah, this package (whole year really) hasn't been for him. Glad I saw him win last year when he had a great one.

We just set up our tent and a huge storm came through. Fuck. Drinking beer in the car while we look at our tent in the rain haha
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

http://ochtreebeans.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... ceway.html

we went to infinion this year last minute and had a pretty good time. we bought tickets to the phoenix race as well (first time going to an oval). hope jeff can pull it together for a couple races this year.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

ochfish707 wrote:http://ochtreebeans.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... ceway.html

we went to infinion this year last minute and had a pretty good time. we bought tickets to the phoenix race as well (first time going to an oval). hope jeff can pull it together for a couple races this year.

I hope Jeff can too.

Just got done the truck race here at Michigan. Kyle won. That's 3 in a row I've seen him win in person. He won the Xfinity in Indy, Sprint Cup at indy and now the truck series at Michigan. I don't like him but that's pretty cool. Still Michigan tomorrow....but he wrecked in practice :)
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Hey Ryan sorry I didn't get in touch with ya on Sunday. I about crashed my motorcycle on a washed out backroad from that same storm you were talking about. I ended up killing my phone in the process but kept the bike upright. I think the new high drag package should go away. The cars ended up getting spread out even faster after the restarts then in years past, but I'm also glad Nascar is taking chances and not sticking with a broken rules package.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:Hey Ryan sorry I didn't get in touch with ya on Sunday. I about crashed my motorcycle on a washed out backroad from that same storm you were talking about. I ended up killing my phone in the process but kept the bike upright. I think the new high drag package should go away. The cars ended up getting spread out even faster after the restarts then in years past, but I'm also glad Nascar is taking chances and not sticking with a broken rules package.

Wow. I'm glad you are ok. I didn't even see this message until now! The end of August was just crazy for me. The past 3 months have, really...

How about last weekend? What a crazy, drama filled race. In the end it was so good to see Gordon come out with a win in his final season and put him in the championship in homestead. I wish I could be there for that race. I hope he gets number 5 for his final race. What a way to go out that would be
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

NASCAR

Post by Alabama Woody »

It would be so cool to see Jeff Gordon go out on top
Super cool way to retire !

He's already done great to get to where he is at

The problem is though that's it's Football season and Hockey season
That's Saturday College football then Sunday Pro with Hockey mixed in all week !

Last night I went and saw the Predators win then high tailed it to the Cannery and saw FUZZ play ! What a night - only in Nashville

But theses long over lapping seasons in sports is a bit too much !
Hard to keep up with EVERYTHING

Go get them Jeff Gordon ! I hope he wins it all
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:It would be so cool to see Jeff Gordon go out on top
Super cool way to retire !

He's already done great to get to where he is at

The problem is though that's it's Football season and Hockey season
That's Saturday College football then Sunday Pro with Hockey mixed in all week !

Last night I went and saw the Predators win then high tailed it to the Cannery and saw FUZZ play ! What a night - only in Nashville

But theses long over lapping seasons in sports is a bit too much !
Hard to keep up with EVERYTHING

Go get them Jeff Gordon ! I hope he wins it all
Hendricks has been doing really well lately and finally showing their domination again after falling off early in the season to Gibbs and Penske more lately. You can bet that Gordon will have every possible resource from HMS in Homestead. They will do anything to put him in victory lane. Not only because it is his last race, but because he is the last HMS driver in the chase. It really would top off one of the bet careers in NASCAR in the perfect way. I wish I was in North America...I would be there in a heartbeat. I just can't afford the flights for only a day in Miami. I am in Germany that weekend and probably won't even get to watch the race live..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Bummer on missing the race.
It's gonna be exciting
I would love to see him go out on top !
Class act
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Hendrick sweep the round! Good to see them finally winning races again.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

May have been an off weekend for NASCAR, but they were still busy and I sure as hell had a good time..

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Sad news in NASCAR this morning....

Gordon, Stewart and now Dale Jr. That's 3 of the biggest names in 3 years.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... eason.html