NASCAR

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: NASCAR

Post by arewhyehen »

cigarman44 wrote:I've got Kyle in a year long fantasy team. Doesn't look good for tomorrow. Looked like a leg was in a support?
Yeah his leg was in a splint and taped up.

They announced that he will not be racing tomorrow. He leg is getting looked after. I am assuming it's broken...that was a hard hit..

Also, Kurt's appeal was denied.

No Busch brothers in the 500....what a load of shiiitt

PLEASE Erik Jones take over the 18 car tomorrow
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Erik Jones wasn't able to sub due to being a rookie. I thought Matt Crafton did a great job as a sub but I'm wondering who will drive the car long term. With the way the truck series is a different tracks on different weekends at times it's going to make finding a good sub a little more difficult. On the 500 I thought it was a good race but I really didn't like the caution getting thrown at the end. But at least they had a chance to race it out. Before GWC it seems like most 500's ended under caution.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:Erik Jones wasn't able to sub due to being a rookie. I thought Matt Crafton did a great job as a sub but I'm wondering who will drive the car long term. With the way the truck series is a different tracks on different weekends at times it's going to make finding a good sub a little more difficult. On the 500 I thought it was a good race but I really didn't like the caution getting thrown at the end. But at least they had a chance to race it out. Before GWC it seems like most 500's ended under caution.
I am still a bit bitter about the ending....Jeff was leading all day and up front. He fell back a bit (but was still top 15) on the last restart and Austin Dillon takes him out...so stupid. It didn't look like a lot of damage was done, but there were a bunch of cars involved, so I don't know how or why Jeff was scored as the last car on the lead lap. Also, Michael Waltrip was getting lapped like crazy and still somehow ended up on the lead lap and ahead of Gordon? Just so dumb...Restart with 2 to go in the top 10 and finish 33rd..

Yeah, I thought both of the subs did a pretty good job. For not having any chance to practice in those cars and not working with those teams before, that's a pretty good finish for both. Hell, Matt's car still said Kyle Busch on it..hahaha At least they changed Regan's.

Looking forward to next week for a rebound. Gordon is pretty good there.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Win $500 to spend in the Hendricks online store....saweeeettt

http://bit.ly/1D93Jf8
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I watched both races this weekend. The Infinity race was exciting. I wish they didn't have to throw the caution at the end of the race Sunday. Junior was on the move ! Exciting weekend for sure
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I watched both races this weekend. The Infinity race was exciting. I wish they didn't have to throw the caution at the end of the race Sunday. Junior was on the move ! Exciting weekend for sure
Harvick was on the move..haha

I didn't like that ending either...Gordon restarted top 10 and ended up 33rd? Thanks Austin Dillon..bringing shame to the Number 3 car..

I don't understand how Jeff was put as the last car on the lead lap. He wasn't the only one involved in the accident. They didn't show much of it after but I don't think his car was wrecked to the point of not being able to drive it. So if there were multiples involved, why was he put so far back? I also remember them lapping Michael Waltrip many times on the track...even he finished ahead of Gordon...stupid..

Good thing we have 35 races left..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I have no idea how Waltrip finished higher than Gordon except maybe He finished the race and Gordon did not make it back to the finish line. Doesn't seem possible.
Harvick was going to push Junior to the win :-) If they raced to the checkers, not enough race left for Harvick to pass him :-)
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I have no idea how Waltrip finished higher than Gordon except maybe He finished the race and Gordon did not make it back to the finish line. Doesn't seem possible.
Harvick was going to push Junior to the win :-) If they raced to the checkers, not enough race left for Harvick to pass him :-)
Harvick made a crazy move for second on the last lap...Jr. was behind him....so maybe you mean Jr would push Harvick to the win..haha Harvick was closing on Logano but there wasn't much time left to catch him...especially since the caution came out.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:I have no idea how Waltrip finished higher than Gordon except maybe He finished the race and Gordon did not make it back to the finish line. Doesn't seem possible.
Harvick made a crazy move for second on the last lap...Jr. was behind him....so maybe you mean Jr would push Harvick to the win..haha Harvick was closing on Logano but there wasn't much time left to catch him...especially since the caution came out.
There was alcohol involved. But your right or maybe Junior would have flown past Harvick if given the chance. He screwed up several laps earlier when He tried a move and got shuffled back in the middle lane. He had a car that was fast alone and with the pack. I like Harvick and Junior but happy for Joey.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Has anyone seen the most recent episode of Americarna with Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham when they restore their old Pepsi Busch car for auction?

Just watched it! Really cool!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone seen the most recent episode of Americarna with Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham when they restore their old Pepsi Busch car for auction?

I'll have to check that out. I've yet to see that show at all been mainly just playing records. I just need to just DVR it.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone seen the most recent episode of Americarna with Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham when they restore their old Pepsi Busch car for auction?

I'll have to check that out. I've yet to see that show at all been mainly just playing records. I just need to just DVR it.
I downloaded the episode from torrents...its pretty easy to find..

When I saw the time you were posting this message, I thought it was to do with qualifying that just ended....what a joke.

13 cars didnt even get on the track to qualify....Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, and a few other big names...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Bunch of photos showing what the old racetrack in Wilkesboro, NC looks like after being closed for four years.

http://myfox8.com/2015/03/26/photos-sho ... g-in-ruin/
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:Bunch of photos showing what the old racetrack in Wilkesboro, NC looks like after being closed for four years.

http://myfox8.com/2015/03/26/photos-sho ... g-in-ruin/

That's really sad to see but there are some cool photos. I would love to do a photo shoot there. Wonder how guarded it is lol
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Really sad to hear about Steve Byrnes this past week.