NASCAR

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: NASCAR

Post by arewhyehen »

I just purchased two tickets to the Bristol April race...I would love to do Bristol Night in August, but we are going to be down in Nashville for the RSD week and then was going to be just driving home on the day of the race...Then I said, HEY, it's my birthday week and this would be a great way to end the trip and we are already in the area.....so I talked my lady into it.

Thanks to a swirler for helping make this possible!! You know who you are..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

WE ARE BACK TONIGHT
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Awesome to hear about ya getting to experience Bristol Ryan! I'm trying to plan a motorcycle trip with my brother down to see that race too!
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:Awesome to hear about ya getting to experience Bristol Ryan! I'm trying to plan a motorcycle trip with my brother down to see that race too!
Awesome!! Hit up TMR for RSD the day before...then head on over to Bistol. If you go, let me know. I have never been!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Awesome to hear about ya getting to experience Bristol Ryan! I'm trying to plan a motorcycle trip with my brother down to see that race too!
Awesome!! Hit up TMR for RSD the day before...then head on over to Bistol. If you go, let me know. I have never been!
I haven't either. Hopefully it all works out and I'll be able to make it there, it all just depends on my brothers vacation time. I really would like to go to Darlington too but I doubt that happens this year.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
I haven't either. Hopefully it all works out and I'll be able to make it there, it all just depends on my brothers vacation time. I really would like to go to Darlington too but I doubt that happens this year.
I wet to Darlington last year. It was a really good race! I saw Chase win the Nationwide race, which is even cooler now with the announcement of him taking over the #24 next year and then saw Harvick win the Cup race. The last 0 or so laps were pretty intense...lots of cautions....ha..Almost saw Jr win...and then Johnson....and finally Harvick.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Ya Darlington was my favorite race weekend that I didn't make it to. Chase winning his race in the fashion he did and then the cup race ending like that made it a kickass race weekend.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:Ya Darlington was my favorite race weekend that I didn't make it to. Chase winning his race in the fashion he did and then the cup race ending like that made it a kickass race weekend.
Yeah, I love those night race weekends. Nothing better than drinking beer all day in the sun, playing some games and eating BBQ and then going to the race at night. I like that Darlington got moved to right before the chase....mixes things a little bit..
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Ya Darlington was my favorite race weekend that I didn't make it to. Chase winning his race in the fashion he did and then the cup race ending like that made it a kickass race weekend.
Yeah, I love those night race weekends. Nothing better than drinking beer all day in the sun, playing some games and eating BBQ and then going to the race at night. I like that Darlington got moved to right before the chase....mixes things a little bit..
Ya exactly! This race had always been a bookend to summer. The Coke 600 was one end and the Southern 500 was the other. I'm really glad they got back to that schedule. Pretty excited to get off work today and be able to watch the Duels live as well!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Ya exactly! This race had always been a bookend to summer. The Coke 600 was one end and the Southern 500 was the other. I'm really glad they got back to that schedule. Pretty excited to get off work today and be able to watch the Duels live as well!
Have you been watching qualifying and practices?? Today's practice was pretty quiet, but there has been a lot of action going on the past few days...I think they said 27 cars wrecked or with damage... There is still a practice or two left and two duels left...then finally race day on Sunday...crazy!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

HERE. WE. GO!
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

I gotta head to league bowling, will watch later. Just glad Edwards got in on time and doesn't have to worry about this mess!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cigarman44 wrote:I gotta head to league bowling, will watch later. Just glad Edwards got in on time and doesn't have to worry about this mess!
Ugh...Jeff did a Q&A today and an autograph session for 200 people. JEALOUS. Why can't I be in daytona?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Wow..last nights race was pretty intense. Today started out fairly boring...these last 30 laps have been crazy though. Wow...I wonder if Kyle broke anything.

Also this whole kurt Busch thing is bullshit. Hope it's turned around quickly.

No Busch brothers in the 500 maybe?
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

I've got Kyle in a year long fantasy team. Doesn't look good for tomorrow. Looked like a leg was in a support?