F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
FlyFarmBlues
Little Acorn

F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by FlyFarmBlues »

Seriously. They make their $ from who? Buyers or Sellers? I recall about 8 or 9 years ago having an issue with a seller and when I called ebay, they told me that "the feedback system is what ebay is built upon, it is the buyers and sellers way of policing themselves" that is an exact quote. NOW, as a seller, you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer at all. WTF? I sold some douchebag a record for $35. It was a sold out record for about 6 months. After they bought it, they found that it was available elsewhere for $15, and sent me a message stating "I would like a refund for $20 since I found this cheaper elsewhere". I never responded. 4 days later, they opened a claim with ebay, stating that the record arrived damaged. I called ebay, and they resolved the obvious issue, but warned me that they cannot remove the negative feedback I MAY receive. WTF? Sure enough, the cockhole left me negative feedback. EBay makes their money directly from sellers selling items. No buyers premium. When are sellers going to get some rights back???
And that is just ONE of my issues with those clowns.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Hear, hear.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Hate to Hijack the thread but I have all but quit Ebay and only use paypal spareingly.
I had similar issue with a very cool tube amp I sent to a guy in reading Pa. He got it claimed it was not as described.
So I agreed to take it back and then he opened the case...I got it back it had been pilfered for parts. I asked ebay for help. Jumped the hoops and hurdles got a professional opinion on what happened and still Ebay sided with the buyer in about 45 minutes...Lot of investigation on the issue. Then after about 2-3 weeks bam he left a negative feedback on my 11 year perfect account.
I cant say it enough FUCK EBAY.
I have been randomly posting negative comments on the EBAY facebook page that disappear almost immediatly. But still about every few days I return and paost how ebay has abandoned the good members it had in the name of the dollar.
Something needs done at the federal level to regulate the fraud that ebay is a party to.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OH and mods if the language is to strong feel free to edit for a PG rating :)
FlyFarmBlues
Little Acorn

Post by FlyFarmBlues »

texascyclone wrote:Hate to Hijack the thread but I have all but quit Ebay and only use paypal spareingly.
I had similar issue with a very cool tube amp I sent to a guy in reading Pa. He got it claimed it was not as described.
So I agreed to take it back and then he opened the case...I got it back it had been pilfered for parts. I asked ebay for help. Jumped the hoops and hurdles got a professional opinion on what happened and still Ebay sided with the buyer in about 45 minutes...Lot of investigation on the issue. Then after about 2-3 weeks bam he left a negative feedback on my 11 year perfect account.
I cant say it enough FUCK EBAY.
I have been randomly posting negative comments on the EBAY facebook page that disappear almost immediatly. But still about every few days I return and paost how ebay has abandoned the good members it had in the name of the dollar.
Something needs done at the federal level to regulate the fraud that ebay is a party to.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OH and mods if the language is to strong feel free to edit for a PG rating :)
Unreal.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I had a crazy experience with PayPal a couple of years back. I sold a record for $500. The buyer paid no problem, he received the record and let me know all was good. 64 days later there was a claim filed against me and PayPal took the funds out my account "pending investigation". I provided full email chain including the email from the guy saying he got it, and the customs number.
PayPal upheld his claim saying that emails are not proof they only accept proof of delivery and as all customs slips confirm is that "something" was shipped I was screwed. I questioned why a claim was allowed outside the 60 day window. Their excuse was that the buyer paid by credit card, he didn't get the bill for almost a month and didn't notice for another month. He filed the claim with his credit card who then filed against PayPal and so it took a long time. Bullshit.

I contacted the buyer who said it was paid on a GFs card who he then split up with so he would try to get the case dropped, crap because it was his email on the PayPal account so how could anybody else file a claim?. This email was again sent to PayPal with no luck guy said if I didn't get refunded he would pay again. Never heard from him and he closed his PayPal account.

I now keep every slip etc but if any buyer wants to screw you you're done.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Indeed F ebay, I have had 3 cases from international sellers in the last year, all were sided in their favor...guess who no longer ships international!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I just got an email stating that any funds I receive will be placed on hold for 21 days? They claim my account has a "reletively higher than average risk of future transaction issues". I've never had a bad claim against me so how the fuck do they figure? :roll:
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

littleacorn wrote:I just got an email stating that any funds I receive will be placed on hold for 21 days? They claim my account has a "reletively higher than average risk of future transaction issues". I've never had a bad claim against me so how the fuck do they figure? :roll:
I got a new notice of PayPal policy updates today. Haven't read them yet, I guess I should. Sounds like they're changing shit around.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
littleacorn wrote:I just got an email stating that any funds I receive will be placed on hold for 21 days? They claim my account has a "reletively higher than average risk of future transaction issues". I've never had a bad claim against me so how the fuck do they figure? :roll:
I got a new notice of PayPal policy updates today. Haven't read them yet, I guess I should. Sounds like they're changing shit around.
This is the shit I was talking about last Fall. Grim had an ebay issue pop up and I posted about the 21 day hold bullshit; my comment here went unnoticed (or at least, no on commented). Ebay is holding the seller's money- making money off of it- while we have to wait. Their policies and practices are bullshit. On the upside, when they first started the holding of funds for 21 days bullshit, it was for all sellers with less than 100 transactions; they have since cut that number in half. I imagine with all the emails they received about it (numerous from me as well), they realized they stood a chance of losing potential money.
And I know it was inferred, but to clarify for anyone who hasn't realized it, ebay and paypal ARE the same entity.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

My account has like 250 pluss and they were holding the funds as of last summer I was livid and questioned and for about 2 - 3 months no one could answer it was UHH.. so finally someone at Paypal with a brain cell left explained the same BS you all have related. That I was selling in a High risk category and they needed to make sure funds were available. And yes EBAY And paypal are siamese twins.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

flattop2001 wrote:I had a crazy experience with PayPal a couple of years back. I sold a record for $500. The buyer paid no problem, he received the record and let me know all was good. 64 days later there was a claim filed against me and PayPal took the funds out my account "pending investigation". I provided full email chain including the email from the guy saying he got it, and the customs number.
PayPal upheld his claim saying that emails are not proof they only accept proof of delivery and as all customs slips confirm is that "something" was shipped I was screwed. I questioned why a claim was allowed outside the 60 day window. Their excuse was that the buyer paid by credit card, he didn't get the bill for almost a month and didn't notice for another month. He filed the claim with his credit card who then filed against PayPal and so it took a long time. Bullshit.

I contacted the buyer who said it was paid on a GFs card who he then split up with so he would try to get the case dropped, crap because it was his email on the PayPal account so how could anybody else file a claim?. This email was again sent to PayPal with no luck guy said if I didn't get refunded he would pay again. Never heard from him and he closed his PayPal account.

I now keep every slip etc but if any buyer wants to screw you you're done.
That's frightening!! You don't have much protection as a seller, which is a great shame. My ebay activity has halved in the last 4 months.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I had an issue a few years back where I had about 300$ in my PayPal account and they put it on hold so I was not able to transfer it to my bank account. My account was suspended for who knows what reason and then because I needed to use PayPal for other transactions, I created a new account and then tried to add my bank account but couldn't because it was in use already with my old account. So, I took the bank account off the other account that was suspended and tried to add it to my new account but they wouldnt allow me because it was banned from adding it to any PayPal account. Long story short, I never got my $300 back.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I paid ebay/paypal nearly $4000 this year, fucking bastards!!!
Grim
I am everything you hate...
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
chris_moore9
Little Cream Soda

Post by chris_moore9 »

iv'e just recieved following email from paypal saying account will soon be limited, i logged in and can't find any information about it. I'm not using the link in the email to log in as might not be genuine so emailed them to find out what's going on. Anyone else ever had this?

Here at PayPal we are committed to continually monitoring our systems for signs of possible fraud and account misuse. Earlier our security system picked up what it deemed as unusual activity on your account.
This activity may be nothing but just to be sure we have placed a temporary hold on your account until we can complete our verification procedure, if you do not respond to this email within 48 hours further restrictions may be placed on your account or it could be locked indefinitely. Please click on link below and complete the steps as followed.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Security Department