F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Melon
Little Ghost

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by Melon »

anybody know whats up with this new global shipping program? won't let me send an invoice, shows no shipping address but i'm apparently supposed to mail it somewhere in the US so they can ship it overseas?

also how long would you give someone to send payment before you call it a non payer?
houses are full of things that gather dust
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Melon wrote:anybody know whats up with this new global shipping program? won't let me send an invoice, shows no shipping address but i'm apparently supposed to mail it somewhere in the US so they can ship it overseas?

also how long would you give someone to send payment before you call it a non payer?
Three days. Based on my limited experiences selling on eBay, if you don't get paid or hear from them in 24-48 hours, you're not getting paid.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Starting next year eBay bucks will only be issued if you earned more than $5 of them in that quarter.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

For those that sell infrequently, you should be aware of a new setting that is automatically checked with each new listing. There is an area related to international selling that is new.

International shipping
Sell globally, ship domestically using the Global Shipping Program
Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you. Learn more

If you leave this box checked you will be offering your item for sale internationally to countries that participate in the Global Shipping Program.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

You can opt out of this program if you want.
Go to My eBay.
Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences.
In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, click show.
Offer the Global Shipping Program, click Edit, opt out.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

rsimms3 wrote:For those that sell infrequently, you should be aware of a new setting that is automatically checked with each new listing. There is an area related to international selling that is new.

International shipping
Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you. Learn more

If you leave this box checked you will be offering your item for sale internationally to countries that participate in the Global Shipping Program.

Go to My eBay.

Thanks for posting !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

PayPal policy updates, effective May 15th.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/u ... le.x=en_US
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Alabama Woody wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:For those that sell infrequently, you should be aware of a new setting that is automatically checked with each new listing. There is an area related to international selling that is new.

International shipping

Go to My eBay.

Thanks for posting !
+1 just corrected mine... they don't make it easy..
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

PayPal is getting a Policy Update effective November 18th. Of note are two specific changes:

1. The dispute window is going from 45 days to 180 days (6 months). This is for items not received and items not as described.
2. More specific guidelines regarding the policies that apply to transactions where the buyer and seller are in different countries.

Also, an updated list of items that do NOT qualify for protection:
13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

-Intangible items, including Digital Goods Services
-Real estate, including residential property
-Businesses
-Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
-Significantly Not As Described issues for Custom-made items
-Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
-Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
-Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale
-Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
-Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
-Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
-PayPal Direct Payments
-Virtual Terminal Payments
-Personal Payments
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

rsimms3 wrote: 1. The dispute window is going from 45 days to 180 days (6 months). This is for items not received and items not as described.
About time they extend that
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It'll be interesting to see how this dovetails with eBay considering you can still use checks or alt. payment methods to pay for items (although most folks don't know this tidbit). My guess is that eBay will stay at 45 days for their claim process and if you pay with PayPal you'll have the extended period to file with them outside of the eBay window.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

International shipping

Go to My eBay.
A bit of an older post, but I've had some issues with this. the whole "Import taxes" that eBay is now charging to international bidder is a damn joke. I bid on an item awhile back not knowing what this was, yet. I figured it was an estimate, not something actually added on to the purchase price. I called eBay and fought for an hour about it and finally gave in and paid it. I told them if they shipped USPS then I wouldn't get any customs fees anyways and they assured me that these were the only fees I would be paying. Nope, they still never shipped with USPS like I asked and I was charged a second time for customs fees at the border. Again I fought with them and got no where... I will no longer bid on auctions with this on it....if everyone is going to start using it, eBay has forever lost me as a customer....not that they care much..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote: 1. The dispute window is going from 45 days to 180 days (6 months). This is for items not received and items not as described.
About time they extend that
Yeah, I agree. I have missed the 45 day window because of super slow shipping to Canada from other countries. It has gotten a bit quicker lately, but used to be brutal. Now if it gets to a month or so and I still don't have my item, I automatically file a claim just to be safe. Been burnt one too many times..
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I use the Global Shipping Program on all my items. To me it has been blessing, before it I had just not allowed international bidders to bid at all.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

I usually do free shipping stateside and say in the listing to obtain a quote for international shipping before bidding. Then I check their feedback and decide if I'll sell to them. I agree that the Global Shipping Program fees are too steep. It turns buyers off.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Get ripped of 2 or 3 times by international buyers and you will switch to the Shipping Program too and love it.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net