F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by candycaneboy03 »

so i just received an email from ebay saying that they temporarily been frozen and that apparently it "looked like someone used the account without my permission" kind of thing.

They ask that i reset my password but turns out i can't. Mainly because 1, the number they have on file is my 3x OLD number...and then i can't have them call me NOW because apparently the real answer to my security question isn't correct -_-

and i can't seem to find a general contact phone number because their contact us link leads me to the Sign in page which i CAN'T do...-___-

luckily i don't have any credit/bank card info connected to my ebay account. I just do everything via paypal.

the funny thing is is that ebay mentioned that they canceled the suspicious transactions and credited all the shit that was done but the interesting thing about that is that i never received any emails regarding buying anything....':/

has this happened to anyone? any insight as to the process/how bad of a situation this really is?

and anyone have ebays contact number?
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

If you are sure this is genuine and not phishing, you can contact ebay without having to log in. Go to ebay.com and click the "contact us" link. You will see a contact number and a code that you need to verify your ID.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

PayPal took about $200 from me (fees) this year.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

eBay pinched me when I was sleeping.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

runofthemill wrote:eBay pinched me when I was sleeping.
Yes i still have a ongoing case with ebay too hope it gets sorted soon it's not cheap having to phone usa from uk and then they put you on hold for 20min...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

candycaneboy03 wrote:so i just received an email from ebay saying that they temporarily been frozen and that apparently it "looked like someone used the account without my permission" kind of thing.

They ask that i reset my password but turns out i can't. Mainly because 1, the number they have on file is my 3x OLD number...and then i can't have them call me NOW because apparently the real answer to my security question isn't correct -_-

and i can't seem to find a general contact phone number because their contact us link leads me to the Sign in page which i CAN'T do...-___-

luckily i don't have any credit/bank card info connected to my ebay account. I just do everything via paypal.

the funny thing is is that ebay mentioned that they canceled the suspicious transactions and credited all the shit that was done but the interesting thing about that is that i never received any emails regarding buying anything....':/

has this happened to anyone? any insight as to the process/how bad of a situation this really is?

Yes this happened to me once the hacked my account and started selling purses they went in and changed all my info security questions and passwords and everything then got an email from eBay I don't think I could delete my account or anything I just changed my Paypal and created a new eBay account. It was a pain.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Moller72 wrote:
candycaneboy03 wrote:so i just received an email from ebay saying that they temporarily been frozen and that apparently it "looked like someone used the account without my permission" kind of thing.

Yes this happened to me once the hacked my account and started selling purses they went in and changed all my info security questions and passwords and everything then got an email from eBay I don't think I could delete my account or anything I just changed my Paypal and created a new eBay account. It was a pain.
I had to do the same new ebay account plus email address but kept the same paypal address had over 500 feedback on that account and they would not let me take onto my new account...
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

So I made a "best offer" on an item of $27,50 and stated in the message that my offer was including shipping.
I get a message that my best offer was excepted and was like "Yeah, quick reply, smooth transaction"
Proceeded to "pay" only to find $16,47 being added for shipping + $13,07 for import charges.
$57,04..... that's more than double what I offered.
It's a ticket stubb for crying out loud, probably only costs a few $$ to ship [fits in a standard envelope], and I don't pay import tax on items below $50.

Seller probably had the "automaticly accept offers above say $20 or $25" activated wich results in sending the invoice automaticly as well based on his shipping terms.
But then what's the use of making an offer and negotiate about certain conditions like shipping?

Just send him/her a second message asking for a proper invoice.
If this results in a dispute/negative feedback I'd be well pissed off.
What are my options?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

So i ended up getting a reply from the royal mail for a record i sold on ebay, That got lost at it's destination in texas ( so basically got stolen by a postal worker for usps) i sold the record for £275.00 it was a signed for package with insurance and they say they will be sending me a cheque for £62.50p. £50 for the insurance and £12.50p to cover the postage and in the mean time i still have to pay ebay fees + paypal costs and i have to also pay the buyer £275.00.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by Alabama Woody »

tanzaib wrote:So i ended up getting a reply from the royal mail for a record i sold on ebay, That got lost at it's destination in texas ( so basically got stolen by a postal worker for usps) i sold the record for £275.00 it was a signed for package with insurance and they say they will be sending me a cheque for £62.50p. £50 for the insurance and £12.50p to cover the postage and in the mean time i still have to pay ebay fees + paypal costs and i have to also pay the buyer £275.00.
That sucks !!! Sorry it went that way for you.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

tanzaib wrote:So i ended up getting a reply from the royal mail for a record i sold on ebay, That got lost at it's destination in texas ( so basically got stolen by a postal worker for usps) i sold the record for £275.00 it was a signed for package with insurance and they say they will be sending me a cheque for £62.50p. £50 for the insurance and £12.50p to cover the postage and in the mean time i still have to pay ebay fees + paypal costs and i have to also pay the buyer £275.00.
Out of curiosity, did they acknowledge that they lost it? Because I'm trying to figure out how the hell they justify only giving you back £62 when you had officially insured it from its full value....

That makes me think their whole insurance system is a joke.....

Truly feel for ya man.....everytime I sell a high priced item, that's one of my biggest fears right after I leave the post office.....insured or not....
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

candycaneboy03 wrote:
Out of curiosity, did they acknowledge that they lost it? Because I'm trying to figure out how the hell they justify only giving you back £62 when you had officially insured it from its full value....

Truly feel for ya man.....everytime I sell a high priced item, that's one of my biggest fears right after I leave the post office.....insured or not....
There insurance system is a joke because if becomes damage from them folding it and putting in mailbox it's your fault for not packaging it bomb proof so it could not be damaged.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

candycaneboy03 wrote:

Yes the postal service in texas replied to me saying they had scanned it into there versatility but not out to the sender.
So i forwarded this to the royal mail.I don't know how they could only pay £62.50p but i did send them ebay sale form for the item plus the paypal payment sent to me by the buyer.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

That is why I always packed bomb proof boxes and why I quit Ebay.
They have screwed me too many times and the horror stories range from vinyl to amps.
to the ridiculous. i had hoped Ebay would get it together and protect sellers. Pfff
My last conflict took 45 minutes for Ebay to decide and yes I lost.
Delete this if you must I have about quit posting here too But Fuck Ebay and Paypal.
Hope your issue works out Shaihid Good luck to you all
:) :) :)
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Did you get Terms and Conditions with the insurance? Did you declare the full value/sale price on the export declaration? If the PO are liable they should pay the full value. The T&C may say that they are not liable for full value if it is transferred to another country's post office system (in which case, it's hardly worth insuring at all). Sorry that this happened to you.

Are you able to file a claim through a small-claims court?