F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:Get ripped of 2 or 3 times by international buyers and you will switch to the Shipping Program too and love it.
Didn't you get tracking on the items? Or what was the issue?
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I use the Global Shipping Program. I don't care to deal with international shipping, but it gives people an option. If they want to pay the extra fees, great. If not, it doesn't cost anything to offer it and I didn't want to deal with it to begin with.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Get ripped of 2 or 3 times by international buyers and you will switch to the Shipping Program too and love it.
I did, but other countries don't always update that tracking info....so poof I'm out,,,bye bye money and bye bye product.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

scoliosispony wrote: Then I check their feedback and decide if I'll sell to them. I agree that the Global Shipping Program fees are too steep. It turns buyers off.
Checking feedback does nothing since you can not leave bad feedback for buyers. So they could rip people off left and right and not get bad feedback.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
I did, but other countries don't always update that tracking info....so poof I'm out,,,bye bye money and bye bye product.
Yes, with USPS it usually tracks it until it leaves the US. At best, it will tell you that it arrived in that country. Sending it registered mail is an option, but it's expensive and people frequently complained about the extra cost.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

cwja wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Yes, with USPS it usually tracks it until it leaves the US. At best, it will tell you that it arrived in that country. Sending it registered mail is an option, but it's expensive and people frequently complained about the extra cost.
They've updated tracking door to door for some countries, I believe the UK is included. I posted a list a while ago and I think you have to use Priority to receive this service.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
They've updated tracking door to door for some countries, I believe the UK is included. I posted a list a while ago and I think you have to use Priority to receive this service.
Yes I ONLY ship with USPS and Canada Post back and forth because they never have customs fees and there are no surprises later on. As far as I know, they have always had a registered option to have door to door shipping. I know the cheaper options only track to the border and then might notify when it arrives, but if my item is expensive, I pay the extra little bit.. I am used to it here in Canada.. haha
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Good to know, I haven't done it in a while. I'm still going to use the GSP. Overseas Priority can be expensive, so I would still have to deal with them balking at the extra costs. Plus, I still have to fill out customs forms and deal with the constant requests to under declare the value. Just not worth it.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I just exclude international, Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. territories, and APOs. Shipping to only the CUSA makes it easy. The headache I save is worth the potential lost profits.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

eBay Community:

This week, eBay Inc. announced it will create two independent public companies — eBay and PayPal — in the second half of 2015. This will ensure each business is best able to serve its customers' needs and thrive well into the future. You can read more about it here at http://www.ebayinc.com/

The creation of independent eBay and PayPal businesses will take up to 12 months to complete so this has no immediate impact on your account. Likewise, you can continue to count on everything you expect from eBay today. Innovation, value, trust, selection, and global reach will remain central to our business. And we will continue to work closely with PayPal to ensure payments remain a seamless part of the eBay experience.

As an active customer, you help make eBay what it is. eBay has always been more than a store. It is a community of people — buyers and sellers — connecting around the world. Thank you for being part of this amazing community. As we begin this next chapter of the eBay story, you have our commitment to make sure people like you remain at the heart of everything we do.

We are excited by the opportunity ahead and look forward to working with you in the future.

Best regards,
Christopher Payne
SVP, eBay Marketplaces
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Spring Update with new ways to f*** you over.....

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation ... tures.html
Fee updates for greater selling success

As one of the world’s largest marketplaces, eBay is always looking for ways to keep shoppers coming back. We want to make it easy for them to find and buy the items they’re looking for. To improve the visibility of sought-after merchandise—and help sellers increase their sales—eBay is updating fees and amending some listing features to encourage sellers to use the most effective listing format and durations.

We’re bringing the excitement back to auctions

Auction selling is a premium format that’s ideal for exclusive items, such as antiques, collectibles, limited items, or true one-of-a-kind merchandise. It’s a place where the market determines the price. With this update, we’re offering sellers unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction (see details below). This will encourage sellers to list items that are more likely to sell in auctions, are more attractively priced, and listed long enough to drive buyer interest and engagement.

What to expect

Starting in May, eBay sellers will receive unlimited insertion fee credits for auction-style listings that end in a sale (exclusions apply†), and we will introduce adjustments to the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for both eBay Stores subscribers and sellers without an eBay Store. Additional changes include adjustments to listing duration feature fees, listing insertion fees and additional category specific changes.

These changes are intended to improve the overall marketplace, and will offer most sellers the opportunity to pay the same or less in fees by reviewing their current listing strategy and making adjustments to achieve greater selling success.

Highlights

Starting May 1:
•Unlimited insertion fee credits for auction-style listings that end in a sale. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells (See details).

Listing duration and feature fee updates
–The 10-day duration on auction-style listings will no longer have an added feature fee. Sellers can maximize visibility and enjoy our longest auction-style duration.
–Sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listing durations will be charged a $1 special duration feature fee per listing. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful.

–The feature fee for Reserve Price will increase to the greater of $3, or 2% of the reserve price (minimum price that must be met for your item to sell), with a cap of $100. Consider using fixed price with a Best Offer option if you know the market value of your item, but may be willing to accept a lower price.

Adjustments to monthly allotment and insertion fees. To complement the unlimited insertion fee credits on auction-style listings that end in a sale†, we’re adjusting the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for all sellers.
– All media category items listed in the fixed price format, by sellers with and without an eBay Stores subscription, will now have the same insertion fee as other category listings.
– For sellers with an eBay Stores subscription, the monthly allotments of free listings* will now be dedicated to fixed price listings, and, for listings in Collectibles categories, sellers will receive 100 additional free auction-style listings* per month.

For sellers without an eBay Stores subscription, it’s still free to list.
–Sellers without a subscription will receive 20 free listings* per month, which can be used to create auction-style or fixed price listings.
–For listings in the Collectibles categories, sellers will receive an additional 20 free auction-style listings* per month.
–Sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells†.

Final value fee cap introduced for listings in heavy equipment for eBay Stores subscribers: eBay Stores subscribers who sell in the Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses categories will benefit from a final value fee cap of $250, where previously there was not a cap at all.

Take Action
•Review the summary of fee and feature changes that take effect on May 1.
•Review your listing practices. –If you’re using 1– or 3–day for auction–style—consider using longer durations such as 7– or 10–day durations, to avoid paying a feature fee and to keep your item on the site longer for buyers.
–To increase the likelihood of selling your item in auctions, use auction-style listings for premium or limited items with high buyer demand and use fixed price listings when you can list your item at a set price so that buyers can purchase it right away.

•Determine if an eBay Stores subscription will save you more in fees, especially with consideration to reduced final value fees. Subscriptions start as low as $15.95 a month. Learn more.

Best Practices
•Take full advantage of your monthly allotment—list more!
•Consider the listing format. Generally, fixed price is best for items that have a clear market value or you know the price wanted, while auction is best for items whose value may fluctuate, when price is unknown, or when there is intense buyer demand for a limited item.
•Revisit your listings often to consider changes—especially to the price, title and photos—that will increase the likelihood of a sale. Search sold listings on eBay to find recent market values.
•Choose longer durations, as the longer a listing appears on the site, the more opportunities it has to be found by buyers: 7– or 10–day for auction–style—now with no feature fee—and Good ’Til Cancelled for fixed price listings.
•Load up on pictures! Up to 12 pictures are FREE on most listings, and adding beautiful, high quality pictures go a long way to help sell your items. Be sure to optimize for mobile buyers by uploading your pictures using eBay picture services instead of putting them in your description with HTML.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Sounds like more free auction to me....where is the down side?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Stl_ben wrote:Sounds like more free auction to me....where is the down side?
Fees for 1 and 3 day auctions, increase in cost for reserve auctions, sounds like fewer/no free listings for items that don't sell and more incentives for longer auctions instead of BIN listings. Used to be some categories had no insertion fee even if you item didn't sell; sounds like that is going away. Basically eBay doesn't care what your item sells for as long as you sell it in a 7 day auction. It's a push to increase foot traffic through longer auction times instead of hit it and quit it. Also, more sales (no matter the final sale price) nets them more money through PayPal.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm surprised they haven't disabled offsite picture integration and YouTube videos. People still skirt the required picture with some blank space holder picture. The only good thing to come out of eBay and PayPal in the past year has been the extension of the time period to file a claim. That is if you're a buyer..... Imagine being a seller and having a PayPal claim come through the 29th day of the 5th month after you sold something....
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

pushing sellers to sell items instead of just relisting them over and over ....sounds good for buyers.
Maybe some of those over priced items won't keep re-appearing in my saved searches now.