F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Datch
Little Acorn

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by Datch »

dunedin wrote:"We’re emailing you because of a legal settlement between PayPal and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a federal government agency that enforces laws that protect consumers. Under this settlement, you are entitled to a refund of $29.96 related to your PayPal Credit account. On 3/23/16 we credited this amount to your PayPal Account, plus an additional $1.50 to cover any fee should you elect to withdraw this refund amount from your PayPal account via check".

I wondered why I was in credit. Check your Paypal accounts.
Ah they got a bill for taking too much money? But its probably only for US citizens cause I got nothing.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Zilch here
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Oh for f*** sake. Apparently now when you sell something you don't get the buyer's eBay user ID. I just sold something, I only get their name and address from their payment and NOT their full username. It feels like eBay is working for the NSA these days....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:Oh for f*** sake. Apparently now when you sell something you don't get the buyer's eBay user ID. I just sold something, I only get their name and address from their payment and NOT their full username. It feels like eBay is working for the NSA these days....
Why is that an issue? (Serious question) I also think it's a bit weird... You can have their full name and where they live but not their made up screen name? How do you leave feedback?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I sold an item today, still shows their screen name, regular name and everything else...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

arewhyehen wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Oh for f*** sake. Apparently now when you sell something you don't get the buyer's eBay user ID. I just sold something, I only get their name and address from their payment and NOT their full username. It feels like eBay is working for the NSA these days....
Why is that an issue? (Serious question) I also think it's a bit weird... You can have their full name and where they live but not their made up screen name? How do you leave feedback?
Because I like to know who is who. If I have a shitty selling experience, I don't want to buy from that person in the future or if I don't have their UserID I don't think I can block them from bidding on my items. At least in the past you had to have someone's full ID to block them from bidding on your items on eBay.

I sold two more records that I listed on eBay on Sunday, no issues with seeing the ID so it must be a user setting and not an eBay thing.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom