F*** ebay & Paypal

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: F*** ebay & Paypal

Post by Alabama Woody »

Still the best marketplace to get your goods out in the public eye. I don't hate eBay or PayPal. Just live with it. They are doing something right. They own the market. I have been very fortunate to not have had any issues so far (knocks on wood)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Remember life before eBay ?

How much could you sell stuff for and buy stuff for back then?

I did prefer some things before as a seller but it still isn't that bad.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Just curious: Up to last week, when anyone sent me money—either as eBay payment or Paypal gift—it would clear into my bank account in two days, three days tops.

But now I've noticed in the past 8-9 days it's taking 4 days.

Yeah yeah I know, big fuggin' deal. But I'm just wondering if this is a trend with anyone else lately.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:Just curious: Up to last week, when anyone sent me money—either as eBay payment or Paypal gift—it would clear into my bank account in two days, three days tops.

But now I've noticed in the past 8-9 days it's taking 4 days.

Yeah yeah I know, big fuggin' deal. But I'm just wondering if this is a trend with anyone else lately.
I've not moved any money through PayPal recently. Extra hoops at your banking institution?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

PayPal to Pay $25 Million to Settle Online Credit Claims
EBay payments unit allegedly signed up customers for unwanted online credit

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paypal-to-p ... 1432047598
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Notice of Policy Updates

Dear Mr Dumass,

We are making some changes to the PayPal User Agreement that will go into effect on October 30, 2015. If you're interested in all the details, take a look at our Policy Updates Page. Here are the highlights:

We revised Section 3 to make it clear that our send money functionality requires that the person receiving funds create a PayPal account in order to receive the funds.
Person to person payments will not be available for payments sent from Puerto Rico after October 30th.
These changes will be effective on October 30, 2015 for all U.S. users.

We are also sending you a copy of our Error Resolution Notice below to provide helpful information if you have a billing error or unauthorized transaction on your Account. Just remember that you can check out our Error Resolution Notice anytime by going to Section 12 of the PayPal User Agreement.

As always, if you need help or have any questions, give us a call or visit our Help Center. You can find the link on any page of our website.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer.

Sincerely,

PayPal
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

paypal.me is now available to people. You set up a personalized link and people can send you money without having to give out your email address.

Example: https://www.paypal.me/cwja

Donations welcome. :D
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

howdy,
turning to you folks for some advice. Somebody has made me an offer on an ebay item and I guess that I am a little paranoid. They have had an ebay account for 3 years, but have zero feedback. part of me thinks that if they were a problem, then they would have some negative feedback. but that other part of me is keeping me suspicious.

any opinions on how to tell if they may be a scammer?
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

G-squared wrote:howdy,
turning to you folks for some advice. Somebody has made me an offer on an ebay item and I guess that I am a little paranoid. They have had an ebay account for 3 years, but have zero feedback. part of me thinks that if they were a problem, then they would have some negative feedback. but that other part of me is keeping me suspicious.

any opinions on how to tell if they may be a scammer?
I never ever ever ever take offers from anyone without at LEAST 10 feedbacks. Don't do it.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Is it 0 feedback or 0%? Ebay changed the percentage calculation so if you don't have a transaction in the past year it could be 0% but all good comments.
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

rsimms3 wrote:Is it 0 feedback or 0%? Ebay changed the percentage calculation so if you don't have a transaction in the past year it could be 0% but all good comments.
I think it is o feedback: the # in parenthesis next to their screen name. didn't see any comments or transactions in their profile.
Life is Music
Iggy Pop
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

woodisgood wrote: I never ever ever ever take offers from anyone without at LEAST 10 feedbacks. Don't do it.
yeah, I'm leaning that way. I just get down on myself when I feel like I can't trust strangers.
Life is Music
Iggy Pop
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, with absolutely no transactions, stay away.
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

thanks for the sound advice, (non-gender-specific) guys.
Life is Music
Iggy Pop
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

"We’re emailing you because of a legal settlement between PayPal and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a federal government agency that enforces laws that protect consumers. Under this settlement, you are entitled to a refund of $29.96 related to your PayPal Credit account. On 3/23/16 we credited this amount to your PayPal Account, plus an additional $1.50 to cover any fee should you elect to withdraw this refund amount from your PayPal account via check".

I wondered why I was in credit. Check your Paypal accounts.