Little Room - Back Soon-ish

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Little Room - Back Soon-ish

Post by barrowc »

(Apologies to Sean, Ian and Adam for borrowing a corner of their forum)

The Little Room should be back within the next day or two. The hosting people told Brian to either make the board radically smaller or to find a new host elsewhere. So the LR is shrinking as we speak and will hopefully be back sooner rather than later.

That's about all I know I'm afraid
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Re: Little Room - Back Soon-ish

Post by Tonic&Gin »

barrowc wrote:(Apologies to Sean, Ian and Adam for borrowing a corner of their forum)

The Little Room should be back within the next day or two. The hosting people told Brian to either make the board radically smaller or to find a new host elsewhere. So the LR is shrinking as we speak and will hopefully be back sooner rather than later.

Day or two? I'm already getting shakes, you can't do this to me! :roll:

Good luck!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

No problem Colin. I didn't even know it was down to be honest, I did check it earlier today though...
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

barrowc wrote:(Apologies to Sean, Ian and Adam for borrowing a corner of their forum)

What about me Colin? I get no respect I have more posts than all those bums :lol:

Seriously why are they making him shrink the LR? I figured they might charge a little more for more server space but not make him find a new host. Hope it is back up soon. I figured you guys went ahead and banned me. I know Ian is on the brink of banning me. Not sure what I would do at work if I was banned from both forums.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

It's server load that's the issue. The LR is on a shared server and the other boards on that server are affected every time the LR crashes.

There is a dedicated server option but it's apparently a lot more expensive than what we currently have

(and thanks to Kevron and Megbot3K too)
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Oh great now I get lumped in with Megbot. No respect I am like the janitor of this board.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

kevron6 wrote:Oh great now I get lumped in with Megbot. No respect I am like the janitor of this board.
^ :lol:
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

kevron6 wrote: What about me Colin? I get no respect I have more posts than all those bums :lol:

I figured you guys went ahead and banned me. I know Ian is on the brink of banning me. Not sure what I would do at work if I was banned from both forums.
kevron6 wrote:Oh great now I get lumped in with Megbot. No respect I am like the janitor of this board.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I hope the username database wont get damaged
I remember I had to re-sign up to LR a few years ago but I might also be crazy
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Crumbs. Hope it gets sorted out as painless as possible.

(I did have to re-register a few years ago after having signed up in the early turn of the century)
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Oooer , I hope the LR is ok .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

kevron6 wrote:

What about me Colin? I get no respect I have more posts than all those bums :lol:

Seriously why are they making him shrink the LR? I figured they might charge a little more for more server space but not make him find a new host. Hope it is back up soon. I figured you guys went ahead and banned me. I know Ian is on the brink of banning me. Not sure what I would do at work if I was banned from both forums.
Yeah the idea of actually working is crazy!
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

ms8shaw wrote:
kevron6 wrote:

Yeah the idea of actually working is crazy!
Haha, I have some downtime when I am on conference calls etc.... Bad day Mandy?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

working now :!: