CANADA!!!

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Re: CANADA!!!

Post by matthewvh »

arewhyehen wrote:Big opening day...
That was an impressive win by Canada. Kinda surprised McDavid didn't score a point, though he did have six shots on goal. I just can't wait until the New Years Eve game against the US. I'm rooting for the US but since mom's from Canada, they're my number two team.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

matthewvh wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Big opening day...
That was an impressive win by Canada. Kinda surprised McDavid didn't score a point, though he did have six shots on goal. I just can't wait until the New Years Eve game against the US. I'm rooting for the US but since mom's from Canada, they're my number two team.
Yeah, it was a big win against a so-so team, but even bigger was the USA/Finland game going into OT and the USA not getting the full 3 points. Gives us a bit of an advantage incase we lose a game and so do they.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

U S A!!! U S A !!! U S A!!!
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:U S A!!! U S A !!! U S A!!!
This is the Canada thread. Get out!!

Hockey = Canada. Canada = Hockey
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:

If that's the case, shouldn't a team from Canada have won the Stanley Cup at least once in the past two decades?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

If that's the case, shouldn't a team from Canada have won the Stanley Cup at least once in the past two decades?
Nope....but teams with the most Canadians on them have been winning the cup in the past few years.. Unfortunately, the Canadian teams don't have a high percentage of Canadian players like some of the other teams..

Check out how many players from Canada are on Boston and LA Kings and Chicago and Pittsburgh... Coincidence? Nah..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Oh, and then this...
2010.jpg
2014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

So you're saying Canadians are only capable of winning when everyone else is Canadian? Seems a bit jingoistic and slightly racist, eh. 'Merica - home of teamwork, regardless of race or nationality!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Oh I see how it is! GO BLACKHAWKS! I don't care if it features a bunch of ya Denim Dan's!
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:Oh I see how it is! GO BLACKHAWKS! I don't care if it features a bunch of ya Denim Dan's!
Yeah, and that taxi-driver beatin', Kane :roll:
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

arewhyehen wrote: Nope....but teams with the most Canadians on them have been winning the cup in the past few years.. Unfortunately, the Canadian teams don't have a high percentage of Canadian players like some of the other teams..

Check out how many players from Canada are on Boston and LA Kings and Chicago and Pittsburgh... Coincidence? Nah..
GO KINGS!

Ryan, were you familiar with the 2005 Canada World Junior team? I just watched the game against Russia in the championships from that year. That team might've been the most impressive Canadian Junior team I have seen. So many NHL stars were on that team. I think someone said that that team has 15 or 16 Stanley Cups between all of them, and then not to mention the gold medals and other awards players have gotten.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Oh I see how it is! GO BLACKHAWKS! I don't care if it features a bunch of ya Denim Dan's!
It's funny all the folks I talk hockey with that aren't Hawks fans bring that up. Not that we've forgotten he's just come a long ways.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
It's funny all the folks I talk hockey with that aren't Hawks fans bring that up. Not that we've forgotten he's just come a long ways.
I bring it up because he played OHL in my hometown and he was a dick when he was here too. Talented player, but his name is forever tarnished because of his giant ego and piss poor attitude.
We had some great talent in those few years he was here though.

But it did put a smile on my face when I saw that tear run down his face when we beat the Americans in OT in the 2010 Olympics. :lol:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

matthewvh wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: Nope....but teams with the most Canadians on them have been winning the cup in the past few years.. Unfortunately, the Canadian teams don't have a high percentage of Canadian players like some of the other teams..

GO KINGS!

Ryan, were you familiar with the 2005 Canada World Junior team? I just watched the game against Russia in the championships from that year. That team might've been the most impressive Canadian Junior team I have seen. So many NHL stars were on that team. I think someone said that that team has 15 or 16 Stanley Cups between all of them, and then not to mention the gold medals and other awards players have gotten.
Yeah, I enjoy seeing the Kings do well!! Drew Doughty and Jeff Carter are both from my hometown, so it's nice when they get to bring the cup here.

Of course I am familiar with that team!! One of the most talented teams we have ever assembled in the juniors. 2008 and 2009 were damn good as well. I am very excited about this year because this is the most offensive team we have had in quite awhile. There is some incredible talent on this roster..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Go Predators!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000