Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by Bikedo »

Those FB groups sound like a lot of fun.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm gonna line up for the Elvis 78, but I sure as hell won't be there a week in advance.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

My experience has been that if you get in line around 10am, no matter when the super fans get in line, you're likely to get the RSD release. You'll waste time in line day of instead the night/week before. It's all about when you want to wait.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

A particular fucking know-it-all on this forum who is just incredibly insufferable with their push-back attitude about EVERYTHING.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

woodisgood wrote:A particular fucking know-it-all on this forum who is just incredibly insufferable with their push-back attitude about EVERYTHING.

:thumbup:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:My experience has been that if you get in line around 10am, no matter when the super fans get in line, you're likely to get the RSD release. You'll waste time in line day of instead the night/week before. It's all about when you want to wait.
Except for the limited LFR which I think you needed tone in line by 6am
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pgharf wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
Based on Facebook groups, I should probably cancel my RSD trip to Nashville since I can't arrive a week ahead of time to camp out in front of TMR. All the talk has me stressed a month ahead of time! Oh well, at least there's a lot to do in Nashville, because when I do arrive on Friday, it sounds like the line in front of TMR will stretch halway to Memphis. :)
Are people still obsessing and going crazy over on those groups? We don't even have official announcements yet.

Oh...and this year, putting a chair in line and leaving for 10 hours to go sleep and then coming back in the morning doesn't count and I will probably move your belongings across the road to the parking lot. Nor does it count if you have one person wait in line for you and then a group of people show up an hour before opening. Leaving for a half hour to grab food or go to the washroom is fine...not 12 hours.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
pgharf wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
Based on Facebook groups, I should probably cancel my RSD trip to Nashville since I can't arrive a week ahead of time to camp out in front of TMR. All the talk has me stressed a month ahead of time! Oh well, at least there's a lot to do in Nashville, because when I do arrive on Friday, it sounds like the line in front of TMR will stretch halway to Memphis. :)
Are people still obsessing and going crazy over on those groups? We don't even have official announcements yet.

Oh...and this year, putting a chair in line and leaving for 10 hours to go sleep and then coming back in the morning doesn't count and I will probably move your belongings across the road to the parking lot. Nor does it count if you have one person wait in line for you and then a group of people show up an hour before opening. Leaving for a half hour to grab food or go to the washroom is fine...not 12 hours.
PREACH :thumbup:
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:My experience has been that if you get in line around 10am, no matter when the super fans get in line, you're likely to get the RSD release. You'll waste time in line day of instead the night/week before. It's all about when you want to wait.
Hell they sold LFR all day long as far as I could tell. The 10am trick might have worked for that as well. They kept bringing boxes from URP.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Hell they sold LFR all day long as far as I could tell. The 10am trick might have worked for that as well. They kept bringing boxes from URP.
Nah. I went back around 3 and they were still selling WFR for a little longer. I think around 4 it ran out. I asked the person who got the last one when they got in line and they said around 6am. So many people waited over night that year.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote: Nah. I went back around 3 and they were still selling WFR for a little longer. I think around 4 it ran out. I asked the person who got the last one when they got in line and they said around 6am. So many people waited over night that year.
I would not have traded a week of sleep for that night on wet pavement.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: Nah. I went back around 3 and they were still selling WFR for a little longer. I think around 4 it ran out. I asked the person who got the last one when they got in line and they said around 6am. So many people waited over night that year.
I would not have traded a week of sleep for that night on wet pavement.
I'm with you on that one. I came in tshirt and jeans with no jacket, tent or anything. I sat under the canopy next to the door for the swingers club. This year I plan on being on the other side of the door..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I spent the night in a not so water proof tent. Then found out they were $100 I think, then saw them sell them for hours. Mines pretty low on fluid. I wouldn't do it again .....
But Hell, I still had some fun, it was interesting to say the least.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Coming home expecting a package, since the expected delivery day was today, but only coming home to find your tracking telling you your package is still across the country.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Coming home expecting a package, since the expected delivery day was today, but only coming home to find your tracking telling you your package is still across the country.
US tracking not working in Oz! :P