Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
This is why I've stopped participating in most Jack-related FB groups. Well, it's one of the reasons.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups).
:clap:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
This is why I've stopped participating in most Jack-related FB groups. Well, it's one of the reasons.

Yeah, I am still part of a few just to keep up on the news because they seem to have it posted quickly, but I've had to bite my tongue a few times. Some of the things people do really disturb me.

I think I'm getting old because I'm starting to complain more hahah. I like this thread.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I think the intense thrill has worn off for some of us old-timers and we're entering into the "get off my lawn" phase. Let the whippersnappers and obsessives have their fun. We'll play when we feel like it. ;)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I think the intense thrill has worn off for some of us old-timers and we're entering into the "get off my lawn" phase. Let the whippersnappers and obsessives have their fun. We'll play when we feel like it. ;)
I still want to play. I've been down to TMR for many RSD's and events over the years. I enjoyed going a few hours early and being fine to get things. Now days with all the people stressing out its to the point where people are like "omg, people like up 8 hours early? I better go 12 hours early." Then someone else hears this "12 hours? I better go the night before or noon the day before..."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I still want to play, too, but I don't want to obsess beforehand because that's not fun. The Lazaretto tour was like that-- So much stress. There were fun times, sure, but they were mostly when no one else was around. I kept having nostalgic memories of the care-free days of the Blunderbuss tour. Maybe those of us who still want to play without all the nerve-wracking lead-up should start our own group.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I still want to play, too, but I don't want to obsess beforehand because that's not fun. The Lazaretto tour was like that-- So much stress. There were fun times, sure, but they were mostly when no one else was around. I kept having nostalgic memories of the care-free days of the Blunderbuss tour. Maybe those of us who still want to play without all the nerve-wracking lead-up should start our own group.
Yeah the lazaretto tour was definitely stressful. I get stressed the day of shows for sure. Mostly about 10 minutes before doors open, but I agree...there's all these people doing it over a month before RSD and without an announcement from TMR. Oh goodness haha

Luckily for me I am going to be in Nashville for a week before RSD and having a good time. Because guess what is during the same week as RSD, Kali? ;) LOL
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

You guys are talking my language....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:Because guess what is during the same week as RSD, Kali? ;) LOL
I think it's somebody's birthday, but for the life of me I couldn't recall whose...

What language is that, Ben?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:I still want to play, too, but I don't want to obsess beforehand because that's not fun. The Lazaretto tour was like that-- So much stress. There were fun times, sure, but they were mostly when no one else was around. I kept having nostalgic memories of the care-free days of the Blunderbuss tour. Maybe those of us who still want to play without all the nerve-wracking lead-up should start our own group.
The Blunderbuss Tour was such a wonderful time. Our small world got a lot larger with Lazaretto.
NY and Colorado made for trips of a lifetime for me. I was so pissed the first night in NY when He played for such a short time but night 2 made up for that. That wasn't stress but pissed off .... Such a long expensive trip for 45 minutes of live music. SO glad I had tickets for night 2 or I might not even be a fan now, who knows !
Getting to see him so close to home was awesome, Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga all in just a short period of time.

My only stress from Lazaretto was in Nashville.... Still can't believe we had to run for our spots near the stage in Nashville .....
Colorado, Shreveport, and New Orleans I had tickets. Stage front for both shows in Louisiana and first row of reserved seats in Colorado (Row 25) Louisiana was a blast, so laid back. Awesome experience !

I have had so much fun being a tourist in towns I had never visited. Having tickets for Jack was the cherry on top. Great way to vacation !!! Tourist during the day, JW at night.

I guess I have no pet peeves regarding any of this JW stuff.
I find it interesting and a study of people seeing all the "clicks" of people forming over the past years since 2009.
First everyone on Swirl said The Little Room sucked, Little Room said Swirl sucked. Facebook groups were formed for people who could not find their way on either forum.
It's all very interesting ...... I was reminded that my favorite "click" is my family :D

Can't wait to see what Jack does next. I have never speculated about any of it. Just rolled with the punches.

As far as Vault Package speculation. I don't even read those threads. I am payed up before they are even announced. I have only been disappointed once and that was the 4 -7" box set for Elephant. I like the box ! I like the sleeves. I am OK with that. They are 22 and 1 on vault packages. Not bad :D

What was this thread about ???
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Okay I came up with a good one just now with experience ...

Trying to figure out which one of the 8 smoke detectors is beeping ...... due to a low battery even thought they are hard wired with power from the house.

Caution smoke alarm will not work during a power outage unless it has a battery in it !!! For Fuck Sakes !!!

Do I keep fresh batteries in it in case the power goes out and there is a fire ? I guess so. But tonight I unhooked the one that would not quit beeping. No 9 volt batteries in the house. Hope the other 7 do their job if I loose power and have a fire.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

This trend of buying five or more Vinyl Roulette packages at once.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Feeling like a child before hitting "send", trying to figure out if my post is on-topic.

Facebook groups are getting old, man. Too many rules. I think I'm gonna start hanging out here on Swirl again. There's a place for everything. Kinda missed this place.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Feeling like a child before hitting "send", trying to figure out if my post is on-topic.

Facebook groups are getting old, man. Too many rules. I think I'm gonna start hanging out here on Swirl again. There's a place for everything. Kinda missed this place.
I know what you mean. The collectors group is pretty rigid with posts they allow. I think they're worried about folks hopping ship from their feed blowing up.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

scoliosispony wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Feeling like a child before hitting "send", trying to figure out if my post is on-topic.

I know what you mean. The collectors group is pretty rigid with posts they allow. I think they're worried about folks hopping ship from their feed blowing up.
True story. And they're not the only ones. I've been missing the Swirly vibe for a while though, man. There's a lot of freedom here and whenever a post is deleted by a mod it's a BIG BIG BIG deal. On Facebook it's done with complete abandon, it ain't no thang. It's good to be home.