Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by rsimms3 »

Tweets from Third Man at 5:30am.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

rsimms3 wrote:Tweets from Third Man at 5:30am.
Yeah that. Went to sleep at 4 and slept through but just left an epic 3 hour bar mitzvah to find seven love notes from TMR/RRS on my phone. Think it's time to reassess my settings. (And like clockwork, another tweet before I hit submit...)
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Being stuck in Houston for three weeks and not having time to stop over in Austin for SXSW.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

rsimms3 wrote:LP boxsets. Yep, boxsets. Bonus points for making your boxset a stupid size (I'm looking at you PJ Vault series).
Yep, those boxes that take up the same space as 10 single LPs. Just sitting there....collecting dust....defiantly daring you to throw them away or at least put them into a paper box in the closet.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Mystery bidders who don't understand eBay auctions mainly happen in the last 10 seconds so they run up the bid days and days before the end.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Mystery bidders who don't understand eBay auctions mainly happen in the last 10 seconds so they run up the bid days and days before the end.
Why does it matter when they bid?
If you are the seller the price going up at any point should be a good thing.
As a buyer, if they are going to bid against you today or tomorrow, they are still going to bid against you...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Mystery bidders who don't understand eBay auctions mainly happen in the last 10 seconds so they run up the bid days and days before the end.
Why does it matter when they bid?
If you are the seller the price going up at any point should be a good thing.
As a buyer, if they are going to bid against you today or tomorrow, they are still going to bid against you...
Not going to explain Shane's pet peeve.
I get it and I think you get it too.

Early bidders are the type that would test the water with their toes to see how cold it is.
Last second bidders dive right in.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I really don't get it...
When I am selling something I love seeing early bids, it shows people are interested.
If I am buying something I bid right away, if I would want to wait till the end I would forget or be to busy.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

As a seller lots of early bidders is great ,
As a buyer it can be a bit of a headache
as you may end up perceiving that
you are overpaying when only the
'Serious' bidders end up fighting it out from
a higher starting point and the other bidders
have gone.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Eggs-zackly (happy Easter)
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Yes Chris thats what i meant.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I bid on items I want as soon as I see them come up because:

1. If no one bids, the seller may think no one is interested and end the auction early to never relist it again.
2. If I have bid and the seller decides their item isn't getting enough bids and ends it early, they the get charged a fee

I've won several auctions where I bid up front and the item never received another bid so I won it cheap. I've won auctions at the last second with a snipe bid. Depends on where your success has been in the past if bidding early is worth it or not. I don't use a snipe service because I'm not giving out my password or paying to bid on something I already have a set amount I'm prepared to bid.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I bid early if there's a Buy It Now option available above the maximum I'm willing to spend so that the option gets removed.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

When you have something listed on Craigslist and someone offers you less than half your listing price for it. Then, when they meet you at your dicker price, they want you to drive an hour and a half to meet them for the sale.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:When you have something listed on Craigslist and someone offers you less than half your listing price for it. Then, when they meet you at your dicker price, they want you to drive an hour and a half to meet them for the sale.
I'm guilty of offering lower than half the asking price just to see how far they'll come down. But I'm always polite about it and come up significantly after their counter. But, yeah. If I'm the one bringing the price down I'm the one driving. Actually, I never make the seller come to me now that I think about it.