Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by arewhyehen »

Yup..I listed something at $400 on a craigslist type site, knowing it was worth about $300 and that's what I would take but knew people would low ball. So I got a few offers of $300 when it was listed at $400 and I decided to give it to a girl. We talked and exchanged numbers and almost a week went on. I was suppose to go drop it off one day and then she just stopped responding. So..I moved on. Had it listed for a bit longer and decided to list it for $300 firm, thinking it would go faster and it eventually did, but then I was getting offers of $150-200. It's ridiculous.

And the funny part was when people would get rude with me as if I was doing something wrong and told me they would only give me $200 or lower. Then went on to tell me they could go get one cheaper or buy one new for the same price...well then, go do it haha
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, I don't deal with rude people or asshats, I just set up a filter in GMail and filter those messages straight to the trash once I know their angle.

Separate story - Bought something off of eBay that had extra parts to it. Had a guy email me directly wanting to buy just the extra parts (I don't need them so it would have worked out) but I realized I had dealt with this guy before last year on eBay. I had bid on an auction and sent him an email asking some questions. He ignored me and my subsequent bids on the same auction that didn't meet reserve. So, no I'm not going to sell you what you want even if you are a lawyer, make tons of money, and tell me to "name my price". Bad business practices have a way of coming back around eventually.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:Yup..I listed something at $400 on a craigslist type site, knowing it was worth about $300 and that's what I would take but knew people would low ball. So I got a few offers of $300 when it was listed at $400 and I decided to give it to a girl. We talked and exchanged numbers and almost a week went on. I was suppose to go drop it off one day and then she just stopped responding. So..I moved on. Had it listed for a bit longer and decided to list it for $300 firm, thinking it would go faster and it eventually did, but then I was getting offers of $150-200. It's ridiculous.

And the funny part was when people would get rude with me as if I was doing something wrong and told me they would only give me $200 or lower. Then went on to tell me they could go get one cheaper or buy one new for the same price...well then, go do it haha
So that was you trying to sell the busted ass dog sled for $400 on Claudeslist, eh.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

People who thrive on being pedantic.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Time wasters on eBay.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Companies that use UPS Mail Innovations service (looking at you 10c and Barnes & Noble).
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:People who thrive on being pedantic.
pedantic is such a pedantic word
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Sellers who insist on pressuring buyers.

Whether it be the classic bump with “Come on now! No one wants this!? How has this not sold!?” Theres always the time sensitive push too “Now is your only shot to get this before I put it back on my shelf forever.”

Enough.

Shaming and pressuring buyers never makes a sale.
We get it, you’re desperate.
Don’t speak down to us so you can make a buck.

If we want it we’ll buy it, and no matter what little caveat you post along with it won’t influence one way or another. Shut up.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”