Last show you attended?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Last show you attended?

Post by arewhyehen »

Gary Clark Jr. with openers Black Pistol Fire (from Toronto, ON) in Frankfurt, Germany....both bands were incredible...

The Man himself....GCJ

Black Pistol Fire

Coolest dude ever..Even offered to have a beer at the bar with me...but I had to leave :( OH boy do I regret that..

Black Pistol Fire.....one of my new favourite bands...

Gary Clark Jr handed this to me at the end of his set.
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

arewhyehen wrote:Gary Clark Jr. with openers Black Pistol Fire (from Toronto, ON) in Frankfurt, Germany....both bands were incredible...
That's awesome you got to see them both! I haven't heard one bad thing about Black Pistol Fire and I've been listening to their albums nonstop. I doubt it, but I hope they'll be opening for Gary when I see him in March.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

matthewvh wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Gary Clark Jr. with openers Black Pistol Fire (from Toronto, ON) in Frankfurt, Germany....both bands were incredible...
That's awesome you got to see them both! I haven't heard one bad thing about Black Pistol Fire and I've been listening to their albums nonstop. I doubt it, but I hope they'll be opening for Gary when I see him in March.
The show I saw them at was their last show opening for Gary. Check out their site and see if they are doing their own tour near you, it will be well worth it... They were the nicest dudes ever.

I was over at the Merch booth before the show and overheard they were from Toronto, which is an hour and a half from where I live. I had no idea who they were before that, but they blew me away. It was funny I travelled half way across the world and the first band I saw was from home. I talked to them for a long time and they were telling me they applied to open up for EODM at the Bataclan show but didn't get the gig. They were supposed to open for GCJ there but obviously the show was cancelled. They said that really messed them up for awhile. I also almost bought tickets for the EODM show and GCJ show in Paris but their shows were 5 days apart and only 2 days apart in Germany so I bought tickets to see them both in Germany instead. Really messed up..... I will pay anything to be at the Bataclan when EODM go back next year though...