www.animalrummy.com Updates

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Re: www.animalrummy.com Updates

Post by ochfish707 »

Genie in an oil can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Thought mine was pretty rad. I had spoken to Rob via Facebook previously about how I really enjoyed his Charlie Brown sketches recently. I asked him if he would ever do a Jack and Meg sketch as Charlie and Lucy (or Schroeder and Lucy if he wanted to incorporate the piano).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is Meg as Lucy (topless and as a rocker?) or if this is a difference reference altogether I don't get. Either way, I love it.

Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

rival wrote:Thought mine was pretty rad. I had spoken to Rob via Facebook previously about how I really enjoyed his Charlie Brown sketches recently. I asked him if he would ever do a Jack and Meg sketch as Charlie and Lucy (or Schroeder and Lucy if he wanted to incorporate the piano).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is Meg as Lucy (topless and as a rocker?) or if this is a difference reference altogether I don't get. Either way, I love it.

That's freaking awesome, and I think that's totally [a Peanuts?] Danzig!

Here's something he said about Danzig, in an interview:
Danzig’s music (in all of its various incarnations) completely overwhelms me. That shit hits my ears and my hands become fists. Free from high school dress codes, I mephisto-waltzed into my first year of college sporting sharpened thumb nails with the inverted cross from Lucifuge over my dorm room bed. I tried to grow out the sideburns, but at 18 I only could muster translucent whisps. They held a pencil, but it looked like it was floating next to my face ensnared by invisible tendrils. Dead Weather posters were about my only outlet for something along the lines of what a Danzig album design might resemble, but I held back a lot. For the Dead Weather the imagery focus is more about coldness and being emotionally removed. For Danzig, I’d let the black gates swing open. I’d attempt to craft something darkly beautiful, something Pinhead could cry bloody tears over.

http://www.nerdlocker.com/nerd-art/nerd ... -rob-jones
nosce te ipsum
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Personalized and inked Danzig doodle? Now THAT is badass. I get the impression Rob likes Danzig as much as he likes wearing pink leather suits to the Grammys.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

rsimms3 wrote:Personalized and inked Danzig doodle? Now THAT is badass. I get the impression Rob likes Danzig as much as he likes wearing pink leather suits to the Grammys.
Yeah. I love it.Wish it wasn't on the back of the print.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Frame it in one of those clear double sided frames !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Not via Rob's site, but one of his originals up for sale here.

https://www.nuvango.com/collections/ori ... -rob-jones
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

WS RSD stuff I ordered from Rob shipped today, looking forward to getting it.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

rsimms3 wrote:WS RSD stuff I ordered from Rob shipped today, looking forward to getting it.
got mine today and looks great!! #36 for the first print and #43 on the second... anyone else have 43 on the first and/or 36 on the second?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

ochfish707 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:WS RSD stuff I ordered from Rob shipped today, looking forward to getting it.
got mine today and looks great!! #36 for the first print and #43 on the second... anyone else have 43 on the first and/or 36 on the second?
No matches here. Postcard poster came with a doodle again. :cry: This one is sort of an Iron Giant/Tin Man mashup and a flaming heart. It took me a minute to find the signature/number on the WS RSD print.
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

rsimms3 wrote:It took me a minute to find the signature/number on the WS RSD print.
I got the yellow print & didn't see the sig/# when I put it down to flatten. Where did you find it?
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Postcard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edjohansson
Little Cream Soda

Post by Edjohansson »

sandman77 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:It took me a minute to find the signature/number on the WS RSD print.
I got the yellow print & didn't see the sig/# when I put it down to flatten. Where did you find it?
I received mine today and couldn't find it either.
I keep getting into stranger's vans, but still no candy.
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=edjohansson