Littlema wrote:Framed made by my dad.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382615400.971665.jpg
EPIC!
+1
Woody
Little Bird

Re: Post Your Framed Gigposters here

Post by Woody »

Edjohansson wrote:Finally got these framed up.....thank you to the kind Swirlers that sent me the prints :)
Nicely done .
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

I just got a raconteurs print posted on wood (seattle)

anybody have framing / matting ideas? I looked through this thread a bit and cant find any other examples

i normally go black mat and black matted frame for WS / JW prints, but was wondering if I should add more color to these..
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

achouza wrote:I just got a raconteurs print posted on wood (seattle)

anybody have framing / matting ideas? I looked through this thread a bit and cant find any other examples

i normally go black mat and black matted frame for WS / JW prints, but was wondering if I should add more color to these..
Personally I would not put mat on a wood print.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Have you considered floating it above a silver gray mat to bring out the ink? Black frames do this series justice.

I recently won a wood variant on ebay but the seller flaked out on me. Be sure to post a photo here when you've pieced it together. In short, I'm framing vicariously through you.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

anonymousbrunette wrote:

Have you considered floating it above a silver gray mat to bring out the ink? Black frames do this series justice.

I recently won a wood variant on ebay but the seller flaked out on me. Be sure to post a photo here when you've pieced it together. In short, I'm framing vicariously through you.
hmm sorry to hear about the seller flaking out,, was it the wood one that went for 90ish a couple weeks ago? damm flaky sellers

i just received the wood seattle and its amazing, the wood is super sturdy (I thought it would be thinner) and the silver ink over the wood looks incredible, instantly one of my favorite prints

now Im a bit confused about how to display it, I am even considering not framing it at all and finding a way to prop it up on the wall,, for example putting a thin ledge cut to width up on the wall and just setting this on the ledge with something sticky substance on top to prevent it from falling in an earthquake,,, the detailed print over wood is so unique that Im afraid that putting it behind glass (even museum quality glass) will take away some of its appeal..

thoughts?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

achouza wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:

hmm sorry to hear about the seller flaking out,, was it the wood one that went for 90ish a couple weeks ago? damm flaky sellers

i just received the wood seattle and its amazing, the wood is super sturdy (I thought it would be thinner) and the silver ink over the wood looks incredible, instantly one of my favorite prints

now Im a bit confused about how to display it, I am even considering not framing it at all and finding a way to prop it up on the wall,, for example putting a thin ledge cut to width up on the wall and just setting this on the ledge with something sticky substance on top to prevent it from falling in an earthquake,,, the detailed print over wood is so unique that Im afraid that putting it behind glass (even museum quality glass) will take away some of its appeal..

thoughts?
I didn't frame my wood one or my metal glace - I put them on small shelves, as you mentioned above. I found some shelves with a small lip & only 3 or so inches deep so as not to put much stress / flex on it & to prevent it from sliding off.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Yes it was that very one, but cheers for empathy!

I'm thrilled yours pops. Great idea to display it on a shelf. I didn't realize it was so substantial (sniff.) You're probably right about glass detracting from the finish.

The ledge idea makes me think of the record jacket "frames" that were posted a while back that were basically opposing ledges. How about something similar to these? One on the bottom and then inverted on the top to keep it away from the wall and secure?

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Yes it was that very one, but cheers for empathy!

I'm thrilled yours pops. Great idea to display it on a shelf. I didn't realize it was so substantial (sniff.) You're probably right about glass detracting from the finish.

The ledge idea makes me think of the record jacket "frames" that were posted a while back that were basically opposing ledges. How about something similar to these? One on the bottom and then inverted on the top to keep it away from the wall and secure?

yes! these are perfect,, really nice,, and wood color is perfect,, now i just need to find them in the right size,,

yeah sorry your didnt work out, il keep an eye out and let you know if any other wood pops up,, the guy i bought mine from on ebay had a bunch,, they were more expensive ($250) but he only sold one so hes probably open to offers,, i would email him and try to negotiate
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

Got this today for my birthday. Love it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387714023.562002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387714046.229400.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387714061.579218.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

Littlema wrote:Got this today for my birthday. Love it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387714023.562002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387714061.579218.jpg
That matting looks dreamy.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Happy Birthday and great frame job.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Impressive. A labor of love right there. Freehanded things make me feel all warm inside.

My ISO/FS/FT List
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ok, you can't post that and not tell us the story behind it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

Kali Durga wrote:
Ok, you can't post that and not tell us the story behind it.
What?