Post Your Framed Gigposters here

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Post Your Framed Gigposters here

Post by Kali Durga »

Was that something you requested or the framer's idea? Was it a surprise? That's so distinctive and cool, ya gotta tell us a little something about it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

Kali Durga wrote:Was that something you requested or the framer's idea? Was it a surprise? That's so distinctive and cool, ya gotta tell us a little something about it.
My mum made it, she took art class on her free time where she learn about painting, restoring furniture, now she's learning upholstery. So when i receive my UGWNL package few years back I asked her if she could frame it. Completely forgot about it, and yesterday I saw the result, had no clue it would look that cool. Totally her idea.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, that's beautiful! Sounds like you have a wonderful mom. And happy birthday, by the way :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Finally finished framing some new pieces for the wall! Saved a ton by doing it all myself. The wishing well and Civil Wars prints both have a GITD layer (couldn't get a good pic.)

And the one I've been waiting for. Big thanks to makers888 for the help in acquiring it!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

sandman77 wrote: And the one I've been waiting for. Big thanks to makers888 for the help in acquiring it!
Very cool mat job! Lots of stuff framed, hope you have space for it all.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
sandman77 wrote: And the one I've been waiting for. Big thanks to makers888 for the help in acquiring it!
Very cool mat job! Lots of stuff framed, hope you have space for it all.
Thanks! Took me a while to decide what to do with it, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's an excellent touch.

I was looking at my Wall'o'Blunderbuss this morning and was struck by an ever so slight panicky feeling when I realized that I have no wall space for posters from the upcoming tour. The bug bit me last tour, I can't not buy posters on this next go 'round. Dunno what I'm gonna do with 'em, though. Buy a portfolio to flip through every now and again?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Those look excellent Sandman. That Wallingford in particular makes my heart skip a beat.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Hey Sandman, did you cut the frames and mats and glass. The whole deal? or did you have the frames and glass cut for you. Just wondering how far you dived in on framing. I want to get all the tools and take a class myself, it's on my list on things to do. I have bought frames at Micheals and Hobby Lobby and replaced the hardware and not had to use any mats. I got a bunch of frames for like $15 each by the time I got through with all the sales and coupons. I want to dive in much deeper. It takes some skill to cut a mat like the one in the guitar picture frame.

Great looking stuff. I like that civil wars print in the white frame real well too !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Hey Sandman, did you cut the frames and mats and glass. The whole deal? or did you have the frames and glass cut for you. Just wondering how far you dived in on framing. I want to get all the tools and take a class myself, it's on my list on things to do. I have bought frames at Micheals and Hobby Lobby and replaced the hardware and not had to use any mats. I got a bunch of frames for like $15 each by the time I got through with all the sales and coupons. I want to dive in much deeper. It takes some skill to cut a mat like the one in the guitar picture frame.

Great looking stuff. I like that civil wars print in the white frame real well too !
most were pretty easy. just bought stock frames and used all acid free material. as for the matted ones, I had hobby lobby cut the mats for me. my local HB has a mat cutting machine(that thing is awesome!!!), and they can usually do it while you wait. not sure if all locations have them. cutting them yourself wouldn't be any problem at all, but their is really no need in buying expensive cutters when HB does such a good job. they had a program in the cutter that cut the shapes on the corners of the Wallingford.

I watched a couple of youtube videos when I first started. they gave me a few tips on assembly. also, read through some threads on EB. their's a lot of good info over there. past that, I've just been learning as I go. each one has gotten a lil easier and nicer looking. most important thing is to use ALL acid free material. especially if your artwork has value.

I've really begun to enjoy the hobby. my wife and I have started collecting a few more posters, and framing them myself is the only way most will make it on the wall. I was able to frame six fairly large prints for about the same amount that a professional would have charged to do the Wallingford alone. definitely give it a try!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

sandman77 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Hey Sandman, did you cut the frames and mats and glass. The whole deal? or did you have the frames and glass cut for you. Just wondering how far you dived in on framing. I want to get all the tools and take a class myself, it's on my list on things to do. I have bought frames at Micheals and Hobby Lobby and replaced the hardware and not had to use any mats. I got a bunch of frames for like $15 each by the time I got through with all the sales and coupons. I want to dive in much deeper. It takes some skill to cut a mat like the one in the guitar picture frame.

most were pretty easy. just bought stock frames and used all acid free material. as for the matted ones, I had hobby lobby cut the mats for me. my local HB has a mat cutting machine(that thing is awesome!!!), and they can usually do it while you wait. not sure if all locations have them. cutting them yourself wouldn't be any problem at all, but their is really no need in buying expensive cutters when HB does such a good job. they had a program in the cutter that cut the shapes on the corners of the Wallingford.

I watched a couple of youtube videos when I first started. they gave me a few tips on assembly. also, read through some threads on EB. their's a lot of good info over there. past that, I've just been learning as I go. each one has gotten a lil easier and nicer looking. most important thing is to use ALL acid free material. especially if your arcuttingtwork has value.

I've really begun to enjoy the hobby. my wife and I have started collecting a few more posters, and framing them myself is the only way most will make it on the wall. I was able to frame six fairly large prints for about the same amount that a professional would have charged to do the Wallingford alone. definitely give it a try!
Thanks for all the information. I will have to check out EB. Have not been on there in a while. I did not know that they had framing info on there. I have watched some utube videos as well. I want to get all the tools necessary to do it at home. From cutting glass down to cutting the mats. Hardest part will be the mats. I'm familiar with the assembly process so that just leaves cutting glass and mats. Sounds like your enjoying the hobby. Watch out and the next thing you know you will be doing some serious photography !!!!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

That Wallingford looks amazing.
Thanks for the pics.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
mishka
Little Cream Soda

Post Your Framed Gigposters here

Post by mishka »

Just got this up about 20 minutes ago.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439950437.973464.jpg
And it looks great with the Birmingham poster!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439950400.057758.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Those chess piece posters always seem to come up looking so good
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Looking good!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org